We will not all sleep, but we shall be changed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erehweslefox

Sous Chef
Hey friends,

Looks like I am back. I had an interesting time away, due to some computer problems. I learned a couple of things, forgot some others. Thought I'd introduce myself again, given I've been gone for a while.

I am a writer, living in Pennsylvania. I cook, bake, and am interested in sourdough anything (my yeasties are my best friends), overall cookery, but particularly historical recipies.

Gonna dive back in, and if you haven't heard from me for a while, does not mean I hate you (depending on the who I might, but I doubt it), but haven't been online for much.

Happy thanksgivng to all, and hope your food plan is flawless and you are without stress.

TBS

Hi and welcome back! :)

I read a really interesting book last summer you would probably like. It's a historical novel about Apicius, the ancient Roman epicure, narrated by his (fictional) slave/chef. It has wonderful descriptions of the food, kitchens and dining habits of the Roman aristocracy. Each chapter begins with a recipe, although in some cases, ingredients aren't readily available - they're either extinct, or, you know, flamingos and rhinos aren't common dining fare in the modern U.S. ;)

Here's a good review of the book: What Did Ancient Romans Eat? New Novel Serves Up Meals And Intrigue

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom