"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 01-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Smile Well golly, THANKS Google!!

I was looking up different deviled egg recipes (I'm a recipe thief), &, stumbled on this site. I tried registering hours(literally) ago, when I got stumped on trying to figure out a decent user name. After nearly frying my brain cells from thinking so hard, I finally realized that it was midnight, &, I was having a nice glass of Merlot for the New year, & *Ta-Dah*!! So, shall I hence forth be known as! LOL
Actually though, I'm not too sure if real names are used here(I tend to always think of people by their user names & avvies anyhow), but, I am a mom, wife, daughter, sister & an aunt. I also have 2 grown step-sons. Plus, 2 dogs, & a really fat, old, super sweet ferret. I LOVE my fur kids!(oh, & the skin-clad ones too) <---sometimes, they all make me a little like that - LOL
Rather than write y'all a book about me,(granted, I suppose I COULD iff'en I HAD to, but, nah, I shall spare everyone!) I will busy myself w/reading everyones threads!

PS, couple of "quickies"...is there a "go advanced" option here? I misspell ALOT, have no spell check, &, sometimes need to edit. (just a FYI...my "i" key likes to embarass me frequently by stiiicking - GAH), &, also, I noticed that some threads here are kinda older...is it preferred here to just "tack on" to the old threads a post, or, begin a newer discussion? (on another forum I post on, the threads never get locked, but, sometimes, an old thread gets "revived", &, its kinda like a corpse being raised. Just would like to know how things are done here.

(BTW, you guys have an AWESOME smiley collection here too I just noticed)! Whoot!

Old 01-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
Senior Cook

Duh...I just noticed after posting that there is an edit option. (yay me & my awful spelling)

Old 01-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #3
Flour Child

Beware, the "Edit" option only lasts for
20 minutes so you have to think on your feet .

I love how you came up with your
name...welcome and Happy New Year!

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #4
Senior Cook

Hi Molly! Looks like we are close neighbors...I am in VA, so, "howdy" :)

As for the 20 min. "rule"...oh joy!! I am TOAST! Can I just change my user name to "Kin't spul rite 4 'nuttin" then? LOL

Happy New Year to you too!!, &, thanks for the quick welcome! :)
Old 01-01-2011, 01:49 AM   #5
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Hello and Welcome to DC!...I'm still waiting for Midnight!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
Senior Cook

Hello Fiona :)..I have been trying to get my bearings straight as to who the "forum family" people are, &, I am thinkiing that member "Shrek" goes along w/you!! You 2 have MY vote as the cutest online couple names ever! We have ALL of the Shrek movies, plus, one yr. managed to get an oversized Shrek & Donkey at the toy store if we purchased $50 or more. (one choice for each $50....) They now live in the trunk of my car. I suppose that if I ever get pulled over, I will have to find a fantasticly great story as to why I have oversized movie characters in my trunk. As it stands now, they kinda resemble kidnap victims since they are both so big, & take up most of my trunk. LOL
But, Thank you too for the welcome!! I am still trying to get the forum sorted out, &, there is MUCH to distract my attention! I really am enjoying your site!!
Also, Happy ALMOST New Year to you & yours...plus, don't forget to eat your black-eyed peas on the 1st either!! *shakes finger*
Old 01-01-2011, 02:04 AM   #7
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Yep, Shrek belongs to me...he doesn't come on here for some strange reason. I keep telling him he's missing a good time. Just beware, I am an Ogress...just ask around!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:08 AM   #8
Senior Cook

Just ONE burning question that I have for you though...it may be kinda personal, but, inquiring minds MAY also want to know...which of you blows up the snake/vs. frog balloons? LOL :)
Old 01-01-2011, 02:09 AM   #9
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Merlot View Post
Just ONE burning question that I have for you though...it may be kinda personal, but, inquiring minds MAY also want to know...which of you blows up the snake/vs. frog balloons? LOL :)
Definitely Shrek...I won't touch them
Old 01-01-2011, 02:15 AM   #10
Senior Cook

I am giggling SO hard right now, &, BTW...awesome answer!! I choose YOUR side of the camp then!! LOL (I was just being silly you know, but, that was quite fun banter) :)...maybe one more...princess by day, or oger by night? (I would say that depends entirely on whatever kinda silly crap my kids do, & at what time of the day for me...LOL)