What brand & model of stand mixer should I buy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janie Kappler

Assistant Cook
My 26 year old Sunbeam Food Processing Center may be in trouble of extinction, so far no replacement part. This faithful compact system has served me so well that I am challenged on whether to buy the KitchenAid 600 Pro or stick with the Sunbeam brand. I lean to the KitchenAid due to the reviews I read on how stout it is for breads and cookies. I do a lot of cookie and pie dough recipes.

I am open to your suggestions.

Janie,
I have been using a kitchen aid classic at home for nearly 4 years now without any problems even during heavy use and have used the 600 in restaurant kitchens for years, they are quite adaptable and easy to use/clean with attchments to do practically anything although I have never used a sunbeam I think you will be quite pleased with any kitchenaid model you choose.

I've used KitchenAid

I use the KitchenAid Professional HD. I purchased it at Costco. My mother has used a KitchenAid for years, as have several other friends of ours with great success.

As a child I remember my mother having a Sunbeam. I guess when she had to retire it she went with KitchenAid. I also have the KitchenAid food processor. Both mixer and processor have served me quite well.

I wish you luck in your choice and many happy cooking/baking experiences!

I also recommend the KA. The larger ones with a more powerful motor are better suited if you plan to bake a lot of breads or otherrecipe with heavy doughs.

Back
Top Bottom