What do you do for work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I build / commission new power plants.
Nils, I was at the High Bridge plant in St Paul for a year. That is when I learned about popovers.

I'm a full time student, studying Network Administration at a technical college. My plan is to go on and get my B.S. after I graduate. For most of the last couple decades I've been a chef; now I pay the bills working as a line cook.:chef:

Retired owner and tech at our pharmacy. Now I have the pleasure of the company of Cade and Carson on friday's mostly Carson Cade is going into the 4th grade.. and Ethan and Olivia on thursdays. No pay involved but I'm allowed to cook for everyone on Ma's Sundays..Ahhh I also have a wonderful job right here as a Site Moderator with some really wonderful friends...Life is great.
kadesma:winkiss:

I'm a Land Surveyor. From surveying your property for a mortgage, for land disagreements, to building roller coasters for Disney, working on Universal Studios sets, to building roads and bridges. I'm unemployed right now due to the recession .. much like Letscook said, I'm one of those higher paid people that is now likely to face a serious pay cut just to have a job. I've applied to around 40 companies in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and have only 2 possibilities. My resume is extensive, and in thriving times, I'm very much in demand and control my income with an iron fist. But when times are bad as they are now, I got hit pretty hard. If it were not for the savings my DW and I put away over the years, we'd be out on the streets. My company moved me up here from Florida 14 months ago and my house still has not sold or rented, so I'm paying a mortgage there and I just signed a 12 month lease on a house here right before being let go. So now I have rent AND mortgage tp pay on top of everything else and no income.

Retired owner and tech at our pharmacy. Now I have the pleasure of the company of Cade and Carson on friday's mostly Carson Cade is going into the 4th grade.. and Ethan and Olivia on thursdays. No pay involved but I'm allowed to cook for everyone on Ma's Sundays..Ahhh I also have a wonderful job right here as a Site Moderator with some really wonderful friends...Life is great.
kadesma:winkiss:

I forgot to add that one to my list. One of my favourite jobs (but don't tell the admins! :LOL:)

I'm a stay-at-home mom, a former kindergarten teacher, and am studying to be a politician (an honest one).

I'm a stay-at-home mom, a former kindergarten teacher, and am studying to be a politician (an honest one).

Michelle, what are your political aspirations? City, State...President? I am not making fun. I really admire you for it. We need more honest politicians in this world and young mom's are a good place to start!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom