Where's everyone from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was born in San Diego, California. From 8 1/2 to 10 we lived in Missouri, then back to San Diego. At almost 15 we moved to Vista (North San Diego County). In 1996 I moved to South Carolina and have been here since. Not saying we will always be here, but this is where we are for now.

:)Barbara

Barbara L: Don't you miss San Diego? I know we talked about where we wanted to live when we retired, because we could go anywhere. Guess what? We picked San Diego, right where we were!

Well, I was born and raised on Bermuda, in Paget...lived in Virginia Beach, England, Amsterdam, Washington, Vancouver B.C., back to V.B., most recently Hawai'i, and NOW in Washington D.C./nova........I am a bit of a nomad and I get itchy feet every couple of years.

The joys of a universal trade :D

Barbara L: Don't you miss San Diego? I know we talked about where we wanted to live when we retired, because we could go anywhere. Guess what? We picked San Diego, right where we were!
I miss Vista and all of San Diego County terribly. Do you know anyone who has any CADD jobs available? That's the only way we can go back at this point. We can't afford to live there right now. We are both out of work. You sure can't beat the weather there, that's for sure! I would love to live in North County again, or at least somewhere within driving distance of Vista (where my family and soon to be born new grandchild are), no more than around 5 or so hours.

It is just SO HUMID here.

:huh:Barbara

Hmmmm. Lemme see.

I was born in Omaha, Nebraska. Shortly after I was born we moved to Duluth, Minnesota where my daddy completed his medical internship.

When Daddy became a "doctor," we were sent to far western Kentucky. This was part of his medical school repayment. He was supposed to have served a specific number of years. He never left there and, unfortunately, died at an early age there.

I stayed in western Kentucky until I graduated from high school. Went back to northern Minnesota for my first year in college, then to Washington, DC.

In DC, I went to college, worked for the FBI, met my first husband (short-lived), moved to suburban Maryland and met Buck.

Buck and I were in the DC/suburban Maryland area for 30 years before we moved to western Kentucky. The rest is history.

I'm still in western Kentucky and don't plan on going anywhere any time soon.

There is so much advanced areospace, defense and other industries here - Poway, La Jolla, San Diego, Carlsbad and up the coast. There should certainly be something. There are so many big names here it's almost overwhelming. Yes, it's expensive and yes, there's no humidity (mostly). About 20% today in the inland valleys. Also, just found out today we've got yet another grandchild coming. I think I'm losing count! I'm gonna have to talk to those kids!

Born & raised in New Hartford, NY.

Immigrated to northern New Jersey courtesy of the USAF. Been herr a long time. Now resident of Haledon NJ.

Ciao Eva, welcome!! I am Licia happily living in Rome for 5 1/2 years. have lived in several different places before though.

I am a Colorado Native and have lived most of my life here. I did live in Chicago and Kentucky for about 6 years but have been back in Colorado since 1981. The majority of my time in Colorado has been in the southern suburbs of Denver but I am now living in a small mountain town Southwest of Denver.:clap:

mostly from the foothills of appalatcha; raised in Cambridge Ohio, currently live in the bowels of Ohio, with brief excursions to Michigan, Indiana and New Mexico

Am a South African, but lived in Australia for 2 yrs, Portugal actually there really are not to many countries I have'nt lived in or visited hitch hiked just about all over Africa with my dog. now live on the Eastern shore of MD. Going to visit my mom in Cape Town Next year.

Back
Top Bottom