Why didn't I find this forum sooner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Highly educated cook

Assistant Cook
HI Everyone-
I was actually searching on "google" for a good substitute for hangar steak and stumbled across your forum.

Have been cooking since I could stand on a stool in the kitchen and reach the counter. I have no formal training except "School of Mom" who went to "University of Grandma's Kitchen."
Cooking is my hobby and my passion. The highly educated part would be my 2 master's degrees in the sciences and unable to find a job.
So, I cook. Lucky husband can't boil water but he does the dishes.
g:chef:

Well with your education, this is a great place to put your knowledge to work. After all there is science involved in all the foods we make here.

Welcome to DC. Glad to have you. Don't be surprised if we shorten your name to HE. We love to shorten names and save on typing. If you find yourself feeling down on days you don't get that job, go to "Today's Funny" and it will cheer you up immediately. Start at the beginning. By page two you will be laughing all day long. Good luck in your job hunting. :angel:

You have to live where the jobs are for your expertise. You don't live in the Artic if your job is swimming and diving instructor. Fortunately, home cooking can be done no matter where you live. And you don't even need a degree. Just passion and someone to cook for along with being part of DC. :angel:

Welcome. Though SOME of us have whacky senses of humor, there are a boat-load of talented cooks on this site. And that boat is as big as an aircraft carrier. You will find us a group of fun and caring people, who love to tell a joke, and make the ebst ribs you've ever eaten, just ask my cousin Nancy. Uh, um, oh yeh, we love to cook, and know a bit about it. That being said, I suspect from your intro that you are just like that too. We look forward to your posts, whether sharing what you know, or looking for answers. Just one more thing, I go by the online moniker - Chief Longwind of the North, for a reason. It was given to me by my friends here at DC. I don't know why, but they tell me I talk a lot.:LOL:

If you ask nicely, I'll share one of two recipes voted - World's Best Pancakes.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind fo the North

Back
Top Bottom