Without letting too much light into my room,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nufsed

Assistant Cook
I'll ease one corner of the curtain back and take a peek. Hey...I might like it here... I've been studying all of you for a while now (lurking). I'm going to take the plunge, sort of, diving in to learn from this pool of knowledge that all of you folks represent! (My apologies to the Gods of Pundom.) I have always done a bit of cooking, sharing the kitchen duties with my wife and daughters; Now I'm am "empty-nester" and just cooking for one...and planning to cook more for fun. I always try to keep a cobbler or pie or banana pudding on hand at the ready for the nieces/nephews/kids/grandbaby.etc dropping by.
I want to try to branch out a bit and try pastries, breads and such just for grins.
My name is Ricky and I expect to be around for a bit, this reads like a right friendly place!

Nufsed

Not people anyway...now some pastries might be in trouble around here!

Welcome aboard!

Hey Ricky-:rolleyes:
If I wave this chocolate batter bowl AND beaters will you come out from hiding behind that curtain????:cool:
Welcome and I hope you enjoy it here.
Love and energy, Vicki

welcome, and please know that even us experienced cooks haven't done it all, and sometimes try new things. Baking is one new one for me. So far so good ... everything edible and haven't set off the smoke alarms yet!!

Welcome aboard nufsed;

I've been around for almost 24 hours and haven't even got a nibble. I guess it's pretty safe around here.

I love baking. I find baking to be easier when you have some sort of machine to help out, then I will do the finishing touches myself. For example, I have a bread machine that will make dough, when I want to make a nice presentation for a bread, or I want to make a pizza or pasta dough or something like that, I engage the dough mode to get me a dough in a couple of hours. After that I complete the task.

I think I have to be in one of the cooking forums to go into details about the recipe, but that would be a pleasure to share a bread, pizza, pasta, cookie recipe with you. I’m sure you’ll find a hundred takers on that score around here.

Regards,

Wow! I knew I'd like this place. Thanx, all, for the warm welcome!
I feel very welcome, indeed!
I'll be weeks, I'm sure, just reading all the interesting stuff in the archives.
I'm very much looking forward to trying lots of recipes. I just recently introduced myself to pressure cooking; I love these things! Can't believe waited so long but thats another reason to hang around...gotta learn about pressure recipes,too! I have a huge Boston Butt roast in the Weeble-Ware as I type this!
Dang it!

This is gonna be fun!

Nufsed

Glad you came out of hiding! Yum. I love pastries. dh would agree, I make a killer apple galette. The recipe is posted around here, just do a search. Please share with us other pastries you find! I'd love to broaden my pastry collection.

corazon90 said:
Please share with us other pastries you find! I'd love to broaden my pastry collection.

And here I thought it was all the pastries causing ME to broaden!! :-p

Welcome nufsed! Anyone willing to jump in and razz Buckytom is always welcome here!

John

Welcome to DC Ricky. karibu.jpgHave fun!:)

nufsed said:
Vicki, about those chocolate battered beaters...you betcha!

Nufsed
:chef: Got some 'nilla beaters too for a Tres Leche cake I'm making today-ya interested???:)

ronjohn55 said:
And here I thought it was all the pastries causing ME to broaden!! :-p

Welcome nufsed! Anyone willing to jump in and razz Buckytom is always welcome here!

John

hey, it was my treachery that brought him in. i get to tag and release him, right? like trolling for bluefish (corey) and catching a marlin!

welcome nufsed. watch out for that ronjohn guy. he uses beer to lure middle aged hockey fans to his side...

ok, so what's your take on those of us you've studied?

Back
Top Bottom