Wolf stove top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

searching

Assistant Cook
Hi all,
I'm just starting a reno for a new kitchen (I've had to put up with other people's stuff so far) and have been encouraged to get a 36", 6 burner, Wolf ,gas range top with sealed burners. Looks great to me! Anyone have any comments on performance/$$. I do have an opportunity to get an employee discount on any products that come under the Whirlpool/Inglis umbrella.....Jennair, Fridgidaire, Kitchenaide, Whirlpool, ...maytag I think....I'm not sure what others. If I don't go for the discount is the Wolf a good investment or should I put my money and saute-ing elsewhere?!

Looking forward to your advice!
L

The Wolf range top is a quality high end appliance. You will get heat power from 400 btu to 15000 btu. You will get burners large enough for big pots yet small ones work fine too. (there is more heat power out there from competitors)

Now remember this is heavy duty equipment...heavy...those grates are heavy and you have to lift them to clean.
Excellent craftsmanship,waranty, and service.

Mine sits on the dual fuel double fan electric convection oven (wow...really a wow)

Do I think the Wolf cooktop is better than the others you mention? yes. Do many sales and service people think so too...so it seems.

However, up to a point a gas burner is a gas burner, and you have quite a few to choose from at a discount...go check em all out.

last bit. If I had not chosen Wolf, it would have been Dacor or Thermador. If you gave me a Viking, I would not turn up my nose. But I will not pay money for truckload of problems that the service techs can't solve. GEpro is even more plagued right now by service issues. Fridgidaire and Whirlpool make some good products at their high ends.

Last edited:
Hey Robo410,
thanks for the reply. Check em all out you say? That's my problem!! I've done too much research and I'm confused. I'm impressed with the Wolf and what it will do for me, however I'm still seduced by that all important discount!! My other appliances are going to be Kitchenaide.....integrated fridge, dishwasher and oven - convection/micro duo. I'm hoping that they will perform. Although I've never had a "pro" cooktop I seem to do a lot of flipping and sauteing, etc, and am not sure if the others will deliver. I'm hoping I'm not spending a lot of $$ for the name. Likely this will be my kitchen for a long, long time and I hope to be cooking for my family for ages (four kids so hopefully I'll be cooking big Christmas dinners for loads of grandchildren!!)

:) In my experience is the Wolf gas ovens will not stay calibrated Im talking the older ones.They are always off 25-50 degrees.IMHO.

:) Check out Consumerreports magazine and web sites you will need to susbcribe but they test all appliances with out bias Ive had great success with their recommendations.

I think I will not be going with the big ticket oven...I know that's worriesome, however I think we're stuck with the Kitchenaide convection. Wolf will just be the stove top...any problems with it that you know?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom