WOW!!!! You guys are dangerous!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm very impressed with your corner of the 'Net - and shall enjoy finding my way into all the nooks and crannies. Not like I needed another online place to meander through, I mean, diligently research... ;) :innocent:

I make no claims to cooking professionally; though I started cooking school back in the 80's, I bowed out due to health issues. I dabble in all aspects of comestible production from growing my own stuff and raising critters, to preservation/cooking/baking/grilling/etc, to the most important aspect of all - eating! I figure if I have to shovel fuel into this body, I want it to taste good and be healthy.

Thank you for allowing me to join your community. :cool:

LL

welcome to the group.... I love living in the Pacific North Wet! glad we are neighbors!!

Welcome!! Glad for you to join us!! What kind of "critters" do you raise? I only have one critter....also refered to as my daughter!;)

Thanks to all for the warm welcomes!

... I love living in the Pacific North Wet! ...

Ah, yes... we don't tan, we rust! ;) I just luuuurve to rub it in to all my non-PNW friends every time I get some fresh salmon for dinner... :whistling

... What kind of "critters" do you raise? ...

Right now the only critters I have are the Better Half :bb: and Her Royal Feline-ous Snoopi, :cat: the queen of the household. I grew up raising rabbits and various winged critters for the dinnertable and am working on relocating to a place where I can do some more critter raising.

LL

ps - he made me use that smiley to designate him! I was going to use - :pig:

First, welcome to Discuss Cooking! Second, and I hate to even mention this, BUT, you might be looking under our names at our titles - Certified Master Chef, Sous Chef, etc., etc. Well......those are titles according to how many posts we have - you are an Assistant Cook at the moment. One day, before you know it , without spending $50,000 on culinary school nor burning nor cutting nary a finger, you TOO will be a Certified Master Chef :blush:

First, welcome to Discuss Cooking! Second, and I hate to even mention this, BUT, you might be looking under our names at our titles - Certified Master Chef, Sous Chef, etc., etc. Well......those are titles according to how many posts we have - you are an Assistant Cook at the moment. One day, before you know it , without spending $50,000 on culinary school nor burning nor cutting nary a finger, you TOO will be a Certified Master Chef :blush:

Oh, wow - really? ~pants heavily, faints gracefully~

I shall strive to work my little patootie into a dither of gratuitious postings as I strive to achieve that most holiest of grails...
dare I say it? Certified Master Chef :-p

I did notice the wonderful levels titles are assigned on your board - how very appropriate to the subject matter. :cool:

LL

hahahahaha - I'm glad you already knew but a lot of people post once and say they'll never be back because we're intimidating! LOL

We do, however, have our fair share of real chef's and people who cook professionally. I used to - - - - surely that counts for something? :LOL: OK.......maybe not :glare:

hahahahaha - I'm glad you already knew but a lot of people post once and say they'll never be back because we're intimidating! LOL

We do, however, have our fair share of real chef's and people who cook professionally. I used to - - - - surely that counts for something? :LOL: OK.......maybe not :glare:

But you are a wealth of info and help and I treasure you!

Hmmm... not sure who to believe here...

The Almighty One Who Doth Administers The Bannings And Was Once For Real (chef that is)...
or
My Fellow Pacific Northwesterner Who Understands The Misery Of Webs Between The Toes, Eternal Wet Hair And Mold Upon The Ears...

Hmmm...

:wacko:

LL ~ shaking in my shoes (Birkenstocks, of course, I AM a good Seattleite, doncha know) in abject terror of the Professionals ~

The Elf is a darling of course, but anybody who loves the Pacifici NW as much as I do gets a vote as well!

Hugs

The Elf is a darling of course, but anybody who loves the Pacifici NW as much as I do gets a vote as well!

Hugs

Are you a native? Us natives gots to stick together - if for no other reason than we're the only ones who know the proper grooming techniques for the rusty/moldy/damp look we all wear with pride! :ROFLMAO:

The Elf HAS to be a darling - look what she does - administers to this place - that's automatic darling-hood!

LL

I've lived here all of my life - have mold between my toes and have always rusted rather than tanned. Deep roots. I get crankny when it's above 85 degrees for too long. My webs crack don't 'cha know? Welcome to the fold my dear!

Back
Top Bottom