Wv Grandma's Daughter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MRSPIKEWV

Assistant Cook
HI THERE. MY NAME IS MELISSA AND MY MOM TOLD ME ABOUT YOUR GROUP. I AM THE ONE WHOSE HUSBAND RUINED THE FAVORITE BEAN POT.:( THANKS FOR ALL THE TIPS, MANY I HAVE TRIED, THE REST I WILL TRY. ONE THING I CAN SAY IS THAT HE DIDNT HALF DO IT WHEN HE BURNED IT. WE ARE A BLENDED FAMILY. THE NUMBER CONTINUES TO GROW. I HAD THREE CHILDREN, MY HUSBAND HAD TWO, ONE SON GOT MARRIED WHICH ADDED A WIFE, ONE GRANDBABY WAS ADDED, AND WE PICKED UP A SPARE (A WONDERFUL SON THAT NEEDED A FAMILY) ALONG WITH THE NUMBERS, THE LOVE GROWS AS WELL. WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE MY MOM WITH US ALOT AND FOR THAT WE ARE VERY THANKFUL. COOKING IS A CHALLENGE WITH ALL THE MOUTHS TO FEED BUT I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT. THANK YOU FOR THE CHANCE TO BE A PART OF YOUR COMMUNITY. I LOOK FORWARD TO TIME SPENT WITH YOU ALL.:rolleyes:

Hi Melissa,
glad to have you join us...I have a fairly large family , with friends who just drop by...You just learn to smile and put on another plate:LOL:
kadesna

Hi Melissa - welcome to Discuss Cooking. Have you tried the cold oven cleaner yet? I really feel that will work the best.

Hi Melissa, welcome to what is probably the friendliest site on the web. From your DC name I would guess you are from WVA, which means we are neighbors, VA here.

Jump in whenever you like, we are all here to learn and share experiences. We all respect one another.

As I said, it is one great site and has just become better by you joining us.

that is one of the most heart-warming, inclusive, and wonderful intros that i've ever heard here.

wecome, mrs. pike.

if there's anything i can do to be of service, just let me know. :)

(except for help with bean pots and scorched stuff.)

Welcome, Mrs. Pike, do you have room for my son and his family??? Just kidding. Glad you joined us and haven't totally disowned your DH. I ruined a great pot as a teen when I made popcorn without oil..........hid the burnt and blackened totally ruined pot at the back of the cabinet. Next day....hey, Dad, does popcorn need oil? Yes, why? Nothing, just wanted to know. My mother found that pot a few years later........

Sure, there is always room for a few more. One good thing about big families is that you hardly ever notice when the numbers increase; being overwhelmed becomes a way of life lol.

Back
Top Bottom