Yet Another Noob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DigitalCubano

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone,

I arrived at your site via google, snooped around a little bit and decided to stick around! :chef: It looks like a great resource and I hope to learn a lot. I like to cook, my wife likes to eat. The cat also seems to enjoy my cooking. Anyhow, I'm looking to learn about all of the little touches to different recipes to transform them into gourmet dishes: pleasing to the palette, easy on the eyes. I'm also really interested in becoming proficient in Indian cuisine. My last attempt at making a decent palak paneer was, um, interesting since it tasted and looked a lot like creamed spinach.

I guess I should end by writing that I am the fried plantain master of Boston (my very unoffical designation)! Growing up in a Cuban family, I've always had a soft spot for plantains. I take pride in mine....even though my wife hates plantains. :)

Thanks for reading!

-DC

Hi DC welcome to DC! :chef: (Sorry, wanted to be the first to say that to you...) I'm sure you'll love it here, thanks for deciding to stick around and join after you Googled us, we always love adding new people to our DC family.

img_225273_0_fbbd617aaf7f301cacfbab0acbf1a80e.gif

Holà DC, well you have a perfect initial to fit in to this community!!:mrgreen:
You will be pleased to know that there are real experts on Indian cuisine among us, whom you will surely meet shortly.
I also love fried plantain and look forward to learn more about Cuban cuisine... so I look forward to all your Cuban inputs!!:)

Welcome to the site. Quincy, MA huh? We are neighbors :)

You will learn a ton here I am sure and I bet we will learn a lot for you as well. Check out our ethnic section for some great posts on Indian food, and say hi to Yakuta when you see her as she is an expert on all things Indian (not to mention she is also a very nice person!).

welcome nuevo amigo, our cucina es su cucina.:)

yay, another platanos fan. do you prep them in any way, like a light dusting of flour before frying? also, do you smash and re-fry them?

oh, and what kind of oil do you use?

i prefer my platanos a little on the starchy side, my wife likes 'em sweet.

Plantains is something I would like to try cooking. I have had them a number of times in a bunch of different preperations and really enjoy them.

Bucky I am like you. I like them more on the starchy side, but with a hint of sweetness.

Hi DC,
glad to have another food lover aboard..Enjoy all the wonderful recipes and wonderful people.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom