Yorkshire to you all "HELLO"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partialD

Assistant Cook
Hi there my names Roger and i'm from Yorkshire- and love cooking (hence why i am here) not yet ventured into baking as of yet, but adore the whole process of cooking (from the setting out and buying the rawness to the putting away of the used crockery) and accomplish a minimum of two meals a day and a nice supper - which for the past few weeks has been one of two things either

-granary bread with anchovies coated in cayanne topped with mushrooms and tomatoes then under the grill for a couple of minutes or

-a mix of tomatoes, mushrooms, smoked bacon, asparagus and cous cous inside an orange pepper then in the oven for 5/10 mins.

It's my 25th birthday on Tuesday and me and some friends are going to Platillos in Sheffield - tapas bar - keeping it cheap as were heading out to a club after but should be good, i would really like to try The Old Vicarage out there.

But digressions aside-i look forward to recieving and giving-where i can-advice and ideas on everything food related with you lovely people (as i'm sure you are!)

Well speak soon and happy days to all.

We are happy to have you join us, Roger. You've already inspired me with "a mix of tomatoes, mushrooms, smoked bacon, asparagus and cous cous inside an orange pepper then in the oven for 5/10 mins." That sounds just amazing, and beautiful to boot. welcome!!

Hello PartialD,

I'm really interested in hearing about the Tapas that you and your friends order on your birthday. I'm clueless about tapas but will be throwing a birthday party soon for my mother who says she has one regret in life...she didn't get any tapas when she traveled to Spain...lol. So I'm going to make it happen for her. But I hardly know what they are...little tasty side dishes is all I know. Take pics if you can!

Thanks you all for such a warm welcome :) and thank you for the birthday wishes,it promises to be a good one with good friends and family close by.

@Kayelle-it is quite nice yeah!! got some pics on the comp will dig em out and post them up for ya.

@Mollyanne-it's only my second tapas experience the first was a couple of weeks ago on a sunday we stumbled into one in what looked like a pub when we couldn't find our desired destination, for the money and the fun it's great but we didn't have long before so this time have hunted down a well recommended one and booked a table for the evening, well from 1830 till they kick us out/we run out of money whichever is soonest :) yes will take plenty of photos and report back.

Back
Top Bottom