Young cook wanting to learn more!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamie_Anne

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone,
Im a 19 year old young female. I decieded to join this community so i could learn more about recipes & cooking. Wanting to meet others that love to cook & are maybe a little more experianced. Feel free to chat to me. ;)

I joined at the end of October last year and have been addicted ever since!! Been inspired here as well as wasting sooo much time that meals have gone out the window!! LOL People are very friendly and helpful. The more you post, the more you become involved in the community.

DC CHat has recently been launched (thru Quick Links in the blue bar at the top) which has been a good way to see other sides to people and get to know them better. Most are asleep when I log on, so it can be a bit quiet for me, but I get thru more posts that way!!

Where are you from?

Gold Coast.

I actually just cooked my first tomato soup. Quite happy with the result. All i put in it was tomatos, chicken stock, water & sour cream. Yum yum.

I thought it was a pretty good effort for first time :-p

sounds pretty yummy to me too!! You might find it is really quiet until the week starts again here. Or if you get up just before the dawn you might find quite a few on.

Anyway, I got to go cook dinner myself, so welcome again and enjoy!!

Hi, Jaime. Welcome to DC and it's so nice you are interested in cooking. It's a great hobby and can be a satisfying career.

I remember being 19-years-old. However, I was newly married with a 4-year-old stepson. Should have been a daunting scenario. Wasn't because I'd been cooking since I was 8-years-old. Out of necessity/responsibility. That's another story.

At any rate, don't let cooking intimidate you. Enjoy the process and learn from your failures. You'll have them. That's when you call out for pizza.:rolleyes:

Read, make notes and ask questions. This is a splendid place to ask questions. There are NO dumb questions. Just the ones you DON'T ask. Everyone was at the beginning at one time.

Learn where your weaknesses are. We all have them. Even Julia Child did and she admitted it.

But, the best advice I can offer....have fun. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom