Alix's Prize Winning Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, it was fun to type that! It should really be titled everything in the cupboard chili!

1 1/2 lbs ground beef, browned
1 onion diced fine
2 or 3 cloves garlic minced
1 big can ground tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can kidney beans
1 can brown beans
4 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp dried chiles
1 handful brown sugar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Franks hot sauce
1 healthy splash wine or beer, whatever you have going

I think that is everything. I didn't really measure anything so take my measurements with a grain of salt. I tossed it all in the crockpot on warm and left it overnight. It got served without grated cheese, but we usually serve it with warm buns and grated cheddar. Hope you enjoy it!

Hmmmmmmm brown sugar and Franks hot sauce huh? I'll give it a shot!!!! :D Thanks for the post!!!
1.gif

Elf, Dont feel bad I thought that too. But, was waiting for someone else to ask :D , I figured that I couldn't be the only one that didn't know what it was.

kitchenelf said:
OK, I always have a stupid question - what are brown beans?

I'll join the stupid club. I thought all beans are brown except for black ones. If we don't make it exactly as she put it down it won't be a winner. Got to do as she did. Oh Alix, congratulations!! I don't have to win a contest, I am a winner when I got dinner done and dishes cleaned. That is my goal everyday. We are all proud of you. You put us on the map.

kitchenelf said:
OK, I always have a stupid question - what are brown beans?

I don't know either, elf! All I could come up with are baked beans, but I can't imagine that's right! Do you suppose it's some sort of special Canadian bean?? ;)

LOL! they are baked beans or pork and beans. I sometimes call them brown beans, sorry! I think I used Heinz. LOL. Darned Canadians!

To anyone who copied this right after I posted it, I edited it because I forgot about the garlic. I know, I know, crazy but true. Anyway, just make sure you put the garlic in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom