"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Chili
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #11
Master Chef
 
luckytrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: southeastern pa.
Posts: 7,347
Chili recipes are as varied as anything else............

I've been collecting Chili recipes for years, and am happy to share them.
(attached)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CHILI FILE.pdf (643.3 KB, 110 views)
__________________

__________________
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !
luckytrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilling View Post
Thanks so much for your suggestions. Now I'm really confused. I've never made chili before so this is a big experiment for me. How about I just leave out the meat (and no possum ) and just do it as a vegetarian dish instead. Will I still need all the ingredients or can I substitute some of the spices?

chilling, you say YOU'RE confused?! i clicked onto this thread of yours as i was as close to being in a 'possum state of mind' as i guess i'll ever be, and what do i find? no awesome possum chili, no possum at all, that's for sure. not even a real chili recipe. what you have here actually reminds me of those hilarious thanksgiving turkey recipes as told to the teacher by her 5 year old students, giving their version of how their mom prepares their turkey at home. remember those? iit's got me laughing right now. welcome to dc, chilling. don't worry, you will get plenty of great guidance in cooking chili (or anything else you've a taste for) here at dc. you are in good company.
__________________

__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
Sous Chef
 
Chef Maloney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: S.California
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
chilling, you say YOU'RE confused?! i clicked onto this thread of yours as i was as close to being in a 'possum state of mind' as i guess i'll ever be, and what do i find? no awesome possum chili, no possum at all, that's for sure. not even a real chili recipe. what you have here actually reminds me of those hilarious thanksgiving turkey recipes as told to the teacher by her 5 year old students, giving their version of how their mom prepares their turkey at home. remember those? iit's got me laughing right now. welcome to dc, chilling. don't worry, you will get plenty of great guidance in cooking chili (or anything else you've a taste for) here at dc. you are in good company.
+1
__________________
Chef Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
Head Chef
 
powerplantop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckytrim View Post
Chili recipes are as varied as anything else............

I've been collecting Chili recipes for years, and am happy to share them.
(attached)
That is one heck of a list!
__________________
My YouTube cooking channel
powerplantop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #15
Master Chef
 
luckytrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: southeastern pa.
Posts: 7,347
I make a heck of a lot of Chili !

this is from last time.............

__________________
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !
luckytrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #16
Sous Chef
 
Chef Maloney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: S.California
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckytrim View Post
I make a heck of a lot of Chili !

this is from last time.............

oh my!
__________________
Chef Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #17
Master Chef
 
luckytrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: southeastern pa.
Posts: 7,347
Yep ! a bunch of tupperware for the freezer, quarts for the neighbors and friends, and the cornbread.......... well, that stays right here !
__________________
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !
luckytrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #18
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
luckytrim, i would like to be a good neighbor to you, and take some of those chili-laden tupperware containers off of your hands, give you some extra table and freezer space, of which i can see you are sorely in need. i will do that for you, coz i'm kind-hearted that way, and--well, neighborly, as i think i mentioned before. waddyya say, lt? i hate to see you struggling with all of that cornbread, too.... :)
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
luckytrim, i would like to be a good neighbor to you, and take some of those chili-laden tupperware containers off of your hands, give you some extra table and freezer space, of which i can see you are sorely in need. i will do that for you, coz i'm kind-hearted that way, and--well, neighborly, as i think i mentioned before. waddyya say, lt? i hate to see you struggling with all of that cornbread, too.... :)
V, I think I should be the one to relieve him of that cornbread. It has been years since I made any. I have the fixings for corn chowder and it would go so good with it. Make a complete meal. But if you are not willing to share it, I will have to make my own for the chowder.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #20
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
V, I think I should be the one to relieve him of that cornbread. It has been years since I made any. I have the fixings for corn chowder and it would go so good with it. Make a complete meal. But if you are not willing to share it, I will have to make my own for the chowder.

haven't made any cornbread in years, addie? by all means, i think you should go for it, and make some tonight to go with your chowder! you want to keep your hand in, i always say--that way you won't be losing your touch. besides, addie, you know i had first dibs on luckytrim's cornbread, now dontcha?....
__________________

__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chili, recipe, turmeric

Awesome Possum Chili A friend shared this chili recipe with me. I would like your comments on the recipe. Do I have to use all the ingredients? Can I substitute some of the spices? I'm eager to try it out but was hoping for some ideas to spice it up. Thanks :yum: Awesome Possum Chili 2 medium carrots, chopped 2 stalks of celery, chopped 4-7 mushrooms, chopped 1 onion ˝ bulb garlic 1 lb. hamburger or veggie ground round 3 mason jars tomatoes 2 Tb. Salt 2 dried chilies 2Tb. Turmeric 2Tb. Curry 2Tb. Cumin 4Tb. Mustard 1 can kidney beans 1 can chick peas 1 can bean medley 1 can whole corn kernels Sauté carrots, celery, garlic, onion and mushrooms with butter over medium-high heat in bottom of a large pot then add meat and cook till it’s evenly browned. Combine rest of ingredients in the pot and bring to a boil. Once the chili has boiled, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 1 ˝ hours. 3 stars 1 reviews
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.