"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Chili

Old 11-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
haven't made any cornbread in years, addie? by all means, i think you should go for it, and make some tonight to go with your chowder! you want to keep your hand in, i always say--that way you won't be losing your touch. besides, addie, you know i had first dibs on luckytrim's cornbread, now dontcha?....
I am going to make it tomorrow. Spike loves it and so do I. I make it northern style. With sugar.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am going to make it tomorrow. Spike loves it and so do I. I make it northern style. With sugar.

mmmm--sounds good, addie. i like northern style, too....

Old 11-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
mmmm--sounds good, addie. i like northern style, too....
I have friends from the South that are horrified that I put sugar in it. I have asked them if they ever tasted it. "No." So I gave them the recipe and asked them to just try it once. Every Southern person I have given the recipe to, have become converts. Corn is naturally sweet. The sugar just enhaces that.

Tags
chili, recipe, turmeric

Awesome Possum Chili A friend shared this chili recipe with me. I would like your comments on the recipe. Do I have to use all the ingredients? Can I substitute some of the spices? I'm eager to try it out but was hoping for some ideas to spice it up. Thanks :yum: Awesome Possum Chili 2 medium carrots, chopped 2 stalks of celery, chopped 4-7 mushrooms, chopped 1 onion ˝ bulb garlic 1 lb. hamburger or veggie ground round 3 mason jars tomatoes 2 Tb. Salt 2 dried chilies 2Tb. Turmeric 2Tb. Curry 2Tb. Cumin 4Tb. Mustard 1 can kidney beans 1 can chick peas 1 can bean medley 1 can whole corn kernels Sauté carrots, celery, garlic, onion and mushrooms with butter over medium-high heat in bottom of a large pot then add meat and cook till it’s evenly browned. Combine rest of ingredients in the pot and bring to a boil. Once the chili has boiled, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 1 ˝ hours. 3 stars 1 reviews