Chili Too Soupy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My DH made chili recently, following the same recipe he has used before and came out soupy. I loved it that way. With several reheatings, it got to a more normal consistency and went in the freezer.

I often make stew soupy on purpose. We have it as chunky soup and then reheat it and reduce the liquid for a more normal stew.

Seems like I always have to add water to mine! I have found that I rarely get it too soupy but on the occasion when I do, longer cooking time and tomato paste so the trick. After sitting in the fridge a day, it is thicker as well and I often have to add liquid on subsequent reheatings.

The recipe in question has way, way to much liquid.

I'd leave the chicken broth out altogether and add some water or broth as needed.

I just made a great batch of turkey chili with 4 pounds of meat and only a can and a half of bud light.

My DH made chili recently, following the same recipe he has used before and came out soupy. I loved it that way. With several reheatings, it got to a more normal consistency and went in the freezer.

I often make stew soupy on purpose. We have it as chunky soup and then reheat it and reduce the liquid for a more normal stew.

That's what I was thinking. Chili soup. Just like my beans. I make bean soup 'cause I like it that way. I thicken it by taking out some of the beans and mashing them and put them back in. Mmmm GOOD!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom