"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Chili

Old 06-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My boo boo. I was unaware that spelling counted here.
Well, typically it doesn't. But when we're defining words, spelling and capitalization make a difference.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Well, typically it doesn't. But when we're defining words, spelling and capitalization make a difference.
So what do you tell the folks here that type only in lower case?

Old 06-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
So what do you tell the folks here that type only in lower case?
Nothing. This isn't about that. I'm just saying that when we're defining terms, spelling and capitalization matter.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #34
Cook

Wow! You woke my senses up just reading that recipe! Looks like a great recipe though. The nice thing about chili is we can adjust the heat any way we want. My problem is I don't always get it quite right. I don't mind if it's just a little too hot, but when it's not hot enough... now that's disappointing. I'm one of those weirdos who saves certain dishes for cold weather and others for the warmer months. There's no hard fast rule... the change just kind of eases me in to the new seasons, and I look forward to having some meals I hadn't had in a while. Unfortunately, chili is one of those things you can kind of throw a little of this, and little more of that, etc. into the pot. I'd be happy to share my mole chili with orange zest, but I'll be wingin' it on exact amounts. Oops if "Longwinded" wasn't already taken, I guess the name would be fitting. Sorry, that's what I do... I ramble.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMlr View Post
Wow! You woke my senses up just reading that recipe! Looks like a great recipe though. The nice thing about chili is we can adjust the heat any way we want. My problem is I don't always get it quite right. I don't mind if it's just a little too hot, but when it's not hot enough... now that's disappointing. I'm one of those weirdos who saves certain dishes for cold weather and others for the warmer months. There's no hard fast rule... the change just kind of eases me in to the new seasons, and I look forward to having some meals I hadn't had in a while. Unfortunately, chili is one of those things you can kind of throw a little of this, and little more of that, etc. into the pot. I'd be happy to share my mole chili with orange zest, but I'll be wingin' it on exact amounts. Oops if "Longwinded" wasn't already taken, I guess the name would be fitting. Sorry, that's what I do... I ramble.
Have a bottle of hot sauce on the table for when you don't quite get it hot enough. That way no one can complain it is not hot enough or too hot.

Tags
beans, chili, heat, recipe

For Chili Heads Only Ok kids, this chili will seperate the chili heads from normal people. DW is down sick and has to eat easily digestible foods, including jello water. That left an opening for me to play. My chili came out pretty tasty, and probably not like any chili recipe you've tasted. Warning, this is really hot. Ingredients: 2 Pollock Fillets 1 yellow onion 1 celery stalk. 1 pat butter (about a tsp.) Salt Pepper grinder pepper 1/4 tsp. ground cumin 1/4 tsp. ground coriander 1 tbs. hot chili powder 1 fully ripe, fresh ghost pepper 1 tbs, Sriracha Pepper Sauce 1/2 tsp. Tabasco Sauce, original flavor 15 oz. can pinto beans 15 oz. can black beans Wash and slice the celery. Peel the onion, slice it in half through its equator. Slice each half into quarters. Heat the butter in a 3 quart sauce pan until it begins to bubble. Add the celery and onion. Season with salt. Remember to season each layer with a little salt and pepper. When the veggies are just starting to soften, and the fish cubes. Cover and let the food simmer for 5 minutes. Add the herbs and spices, and stir them in. Add both the pinto and black beans. Fold the pot ingredients together. Taste and correct the seasonings. Add the Sriracha and Tabasco sauces. Finally, use kitchen shears to finely cut the ghost pepper into the chili. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with whatever you like with chili. And the fish flavor works very well in this chili. Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews