How do I remove Smoky flavor from Chili?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:huh: If you figure out how to get the smokey taste out of your chili (other than burned) please put it in a jar and send it to me. :LOL: :LOL:

When we are making a serious pot of chili we go to great lengths to get the smokey flavor in there. We cook the pork on the grill to get a good smokey flavor, we use fresh chiles and grill or smoke them, we add chipotles and sometimes we use smoked turkey (leftover).
:)

A look at your recipe might tell us how you got the smokey flavor in there in the first place.

chrisnsonja said:
Need help taking the smoky flavor out of chili

Wow - that's what I enjoy most...:)

If you used " Chipoltle " chiles, the smokey flavour will remain.
If you grilled the meat before you added it to your chile; it will remain.
If you burned the food accidentally, it will remain.

I think I'd just make another chili...

I agree Clive - we work really hard to get that wonderful smokey taste goin'! Chipotles, grill the meat first or smoke it before adding to the chili. Yummmm!

cliveb said:
Wow - that's what I enjoy most...:)

If you used " Chipoltle " chiles, the smokey flavour will remain.
If you grilled the meat before you added it to your chile; it will remain.
If you burned the food accidentally, it will remain.

I think I'd just make another chili...

Exactly! I can't imagine it being a bad thing, but if you don't like it, I don't think you're going to get rid of it in an existing pot of chili. The only thing to do will be to isolate the reason for the smokiness and eliminate it next time.

BC

First rule of flavoring anything. Add a little of any flavor at a time to your recipe. If it's not enough, then you can always add more. But once it's in, you can't remove it.

This is true of smoke, of herbs and spices, of salt, of garlic, etc. You can dillute the flavor by making a bunch more of the same thing, and mixing the two together, but for most people I know, that would mean making way more than they wanted to make. It's usually better start over again.

For your chili, I bet there would be freinds and family that would scarf up a chili with a bit of smokiness to it.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I agree with Andy.M, without the ingredient list EXACT, there is no way to establish any reasonable answer to this question.
as for the Other posters, I Certainly agree with, WHY on gods green acre would you WANT to get rid of this???

Back
Top Bottom