ISO Award Winning Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exactly what I've heard from an online friend in Houston....Pinto beans on the side.

I have to keep my chili 'child friendly' and only use jalapeno peppers for some heat. If anyone wants to kick it up a little I hand them a bottle of Scorned Woman. But I bet a bottle of Chief's pepper sauce would do the trick.....:yum:
Never heard of Scorned woman. Will have to look that up.

... snipped
My goal is to make the best tasting chili that I can. In my neck of the woods,
Rather, I'm defending my choices with the reactions of people who tried my chili to back me up. And I'm saying to be careful how you present your views so as not to offend others.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I don't think any cook should defend a dish that they make.
It's yours, you made it.
Even if you're the only person on Earth that liked it, so be it.
I'm just sayin' :turned:

I went to the market yesterday and looked at the chuck roasts, WOW!
$5.xxUSD/lb
then the meat-guy asks me, "Can I help you find something?"
Sure I said, how about "Chili Meat", a larger grind of chuck for chili?
"Nope, sorry I don't do that. But you can grind your own at home."
I'll keep looking thanks.

Glad you had fun and it went to a good cause!

I would love your recipe for both mild and hot!!

$5.xxUSD/lb

That's so typical of the butchers of today in chain stores. Grrrr

OK, so I get it that they're too lazy to change the plate of the grinder, but for pete sake, some customer service would sure be nice now and then.

So many people would be thrilled to pick up a package of coarse grind chuck for Chili! It makes no marketing sense to not sell in that way.

Last edited:
That's not right, Chief. :mad: I think you need to become a Girl Scout, and give it another shot.

I agree that's not right. The Boy Scouts should have helped out the Chief. And double shame on the "leaders".

But before he becomes a Girl Scout we need to know how he looks in a skirt. ;)

I think he should post a pic and we can all give our opinions of the Chief in a skirt and his Chili recipe. :whistling

$5.xxUSD/lb

I use boneless chuck roast for chili too. I like to cut it up in small pieces rather than having it ground.

Were you saying that $5.xx was a sale price for the chuck? Around here the usual price is $4.99. A few weeks ago it was on sale for $3.99 and I grabbed several.

Last edited:
You don't want to see me in a skirt, I promise. My legs used to get compliments from the ladies. Now, they run away screaming.:LOL: I have too many scars from my active, and sometimes foolish youth.:ohmy:

You know what wisdom is? It's a guy or gal who has lived a very full life, and has learned what works and what doesn't, someone who has learned from his or her mistakes.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I use boneless chuck roast for chili too. I like to cut it up in small pieces rather than having it ground.

Were you saying that $5.xx was a sale price for the chuck? Around here the usual price is $4.99. A few weeks ago it was on sale for $3.99 and I grabbed several.

Buy one and get one free at Kroger........works out to $3.50lb. At the price of ground beef you can't beat the price. When I was a young man you could buy plain old hamburger.......

EDIT: Hold the phone. I looked at the ads and ground chuck is $1.99 this week at Kroger. 5lb log and maybe not the best in regard to fat content but it'll do.

You don't want to see me in a skirt, I promise. My legs used to get compliments from the ladies. Now, they run away screaming.:LOL: I have too many scars from my active, and sometimes foolish youth.:ohmy:

You know what wisdom is? It's a guy or gal who has lived a very full life, and has learned what works and what doesn't, someone who has learned from his or her mistakes.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My family has been traced to 13th century Scotland. I won't wear a skirt but I'd have no problem wearing a kilt. Length is mid-knee and by the time you get your hose (socks) on there's not much to be seen.

Never any compliments on my legs.....most people say the last time they saw legs like mine one of them had a message tied to it.....:LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom