ISO clever chili name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vagriller

Head Chef
I need to come up with a clever name for my chili. I am entering it into a competition at my church. Here are some of the ingredients to help craft a name. I would prefer a name that sends a subliminal message to the judges that mine is the best. Thanks.

- ground beef
- black beans
- kidney beans
- chipotle

LOL, I plan on it being in the medium-ish category. I know that for competitions its best ot have it spicier than normal, but I find it hard to make it "burn your face off" hot.

LOL, I plan on it being in the medium-ish category. I know that for competitions its best ot have it spicier than normal, but I find it hard to make it "burn your face off" hot.

That's OK. Just giving it a HOT name will exaggerate peoples' reactions to the medium heat in your chili.

Ok, is this a nationwide baptist cook-off? Mine is next Wednesday here in Florida. I don't think you'd get caught using the names I came up with....BlackHat DrunkBean cause there's merlot in the beans, or Sgt Pepperless due to the mildness. Also, I think any thing you use ought to have "grill" or "roasted" or "charred" as in "choice char-grilled chipotle" and I hope you don't have a lisp.

Ok, is this a nationwide baptist cook-off? Mine is next Wednesday here in Florida. I don't think you'd get caught using the names I came up with....BlackHat DrunkBean cause there's merlot in the beans, or Sgt Pepperless due to the mildness. Also, I think any thing you use ought to have "grill" or "roasted" or "charred" as in "choice char-grilled chipotle" and I hope you don't have a lisp.

Nope, not Baptist. Mine is a couple of weeks. And your post in the foodie thread is what prompted me to post this thread.

I read more than I post. With that said, please accept my references to your wonderful ability to "put it on the grill"? I feel that no-one will have the same "fire" that is yours in the name process. Am I making sense?:huh:

I'll try to unscramble my thoughts...vagriller for Virginia Griller?
In a lot of recipes I've read, you have offered a reference to "out door cooking"
You have a sense of humor
Any insinuation to a "cooked outdoor chili" will stand out above the others("fire")

I'll try to unscramble my thoughts...vagriller for Virginia Griller?
In a lot of recipes I've read, you have offered a reference to "out door cooking"
You have a sense of humor
Any insinuation to a "cooked outdoor chili" will stand out above the others("fire")

Ah I get it!

How about Cowboy Campfire Chili?

Therein lies my name for "BlackHat". I have a black cowboy hat.(we're supposed to dress up to our chili name). Your triple "C" chili has a nice ring. even "cCc" meaning yes in spanish. Should we go on?

"Sunday go to Meeting" chili
"Sunday go to Meeting" 3b chili
Redemption Chili

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom