ISO TNT recipe for Chili with no beans.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
I love no-bean chili. Mine never turns out the same twice, but I'd love to follow a recipe that is not "sweet" chili, but spicy with lots of chili powder, onions and hamburger. Yum City!:pig::pig::pig:

Who has my recipe?

I'll try to remember to post DH's Texas red chili recipe later. He has it in a file somewhere and then I won't have to retype it.

I generally use dried chilis instead of chili powder, as well as canned chipotles, for my version of Texas red.

Craig

If you prefer using chili powder, try making this one. You can adapt it to your liking, by experimenting with different dried chilis. This one is pretty spicy with the cascabels and arbols. I'll also add canned chipotles to the chili as well as fresh pablanos. I also use a spice grinder instead of a blender.

Ingredients
3 ancho chiles, stemmed, seeded and sliced
3 cascabel chiles, stemmed, seeded and sliced
3 dried arbol chiles, stemmed, seeded and sliced
2 tablespoons whole cumin seeds
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Directions
Place all of the chiles and the cumin into a medium nonstick saute pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, moving the pan around constantly, until you begin to smell the cumin toasting, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside and cool completely.

Once cool, place the chiles and cumin into the carafe of a blender along with the garlic powder, oregano, and paprika. Process until a fine powder is formed. Allow the powder to settle for at least a minute before removing the lid of the carafe. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom