My best ever Hot Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I made this for last Monday's chili cookoff. It didn't win anything. The winning recipe had maple syrup in it. I think Yooper's in my home town have no clue what chili is supposed to be.

This chili is possible the best chili I've ever made. But be aware, you need to like hot. This isn't "screaming, blow your taste buds off" chili. But it's pretty hot. Enjoy.

Chief's Chili-Head Chili
Ingredients:
6 Naga-Viper Chilies
6 Bhuk-Jalokia Chilies
2 Hungarian Hot Chilies
2 Anaheim chilies
4 Jalapeno Chilies
2 orange bell peppers
2 green bell peppers
1/4 cup chili powder
3 tbs. ground cumin
3 tbs. ground coriander
5 fl. oz. Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
2 tbs. smoked paprika
2 15 oz. cans pinto beans
2 15 oz. cans black beans
2 15 oz. cans kidney beans
1 number 10 can pinto beans
5 yellow onions, chopped
1/2 gallon quartered, canned tomatoes
3 lbs. coarse grind beef
2 lbs. Cudaghi sausage, removed from the casing.

Combine the meats together, and mix in the spices. Brown in a very large pan (this is going to make 3 gallons of chili), over medium-high heat. While the meat is browning, chop all of the peppers. Add the peppers and onions to the meat and cook for 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring every few minutes to prevent scorching the chili. Turn heat to simmer and let cook for thirty minutes. Add water to thin to desired consistency.

I'm sure a Texan would argue that this isn't real chili. All I can say is that it tastes fabulous. Next time you want to light up the neighborhood palate, this chili will fill the bill. There will be a few that say this isn't hot enough, but not many.:ohmy:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom