My Best Ever, Mild Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
The Chief's Really Good Chili For Ordinary Mortals
This is a great chili Recipe, full of flavor, with almost no chili fire.

This chili is possible the best chili I've ever made. This isn't "screaming, blow your taste buds off" chili. Anyone who enjoys a good bowl of red will be able to tickle their taste buds with this bowl of goodness. Enjoy.

Ingredients:
2 Poblano Peppers
2 Anaheim Chilies
2 Jalapeno Chilies
2 orange bell peppers
2 green bell peppers
1/4 cup chili powder
3 tbs. ground cumin
3 tbs. ground coriander
3 tbs. smoked paprika
2 15 oz. cans pinto beans
2 15 oz. cans black beans
2 15 oz. cans kidney beans
1 number 10 can pinto beans
4 yellow onions, chopped
1/2 gallon quartered, canned tomatoes
3 lbs. coarse grind beef
2 lbs. Cudaghi sausage, removed from the casing.

Combine the meats together, and mix in the spices. Brown in a very large pan (this is going to make 3 gallons of chili), over medium-high heat. While the meat is browning, chop all of the peppers. Add the peppers and onions to the meat and cook for 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring every few minutes to prevent scorching the chili. Turn heat to simmer and let cook for thirty minutes. Add water to thin to desired consistency.

As with my hot chili, Texans would still argue that this isn't real chili. All I can say is that it's as good as the hot chili, but as the title suggests, more for ordinary mortals. You don't need Superman's tongue to eat this one. The only warning I give with this recipe; make lots, 'cause everyone is gonna want more.:LOL:
C:\Users\BDFLOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom