TNT Easy and Fast Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I came up with this last night. It's not that spectacular, but it tasted really good (for a last minute meal) with garlic bread on the side!

Easy and Fast Chili

1 14.5 oz can of Pinto beans (chili bean variety with chili peppers, onion, garlic in a tomato sauce)
1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 lb ground beef
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp chili powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup chopped green onion
salt-n-pepper to taste

-Season ground beef with salt and pepper
-Brown beef in skillet and drain off greased
-In a medium sauce pan, combine beef, beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, cinnamon, chili powder, garlic, green onion.
-Simmer on low-med heat for 25 - 30 min.
-Taste to see if it needs more seasoning.
-Serve on it's own or over rice, noodles. Don't forget the crackers or crusty bread.
-2 servings

img_809796_0_e42c7dce7057ae49399076186e896d75.jpg

img_809796_1_7e0be6663215c910396650f99fa6f974.jpg

looks great!! my family likes to top chili with cheddar cheese, sour cream and scallions. i don't :LOL:

btw IMHO chili isn't chili without the beans!! you make it the proper way!! yummy

I made this recipe last night, but I didn't use the pinto bean mixture. They are white kidney beans, and I added a little over a cup of garlic/herb spaghetti sauce and 2 more tsp chili powder to come up with something that was close to the canned Pinto bean in a chili sauce. I must say, I prefer the pinto beans, over white kidney beans. My chili was served over sweet cornbread, which I took out of the freezer. Mark had Triscuits on the side.

My dinner -- on top is shredded Monterey Jack cheese and green onion. :pig:
img_814358_0_d1ca3c1aefbeabc6e6a3123cdba519a5.jpg

img_814358_1_fed69cd39ce2953faca4f684f0771e38.jpg

where I am, it breakfast time here sitting here having my tea and these look so good I could eat for breakfast.

good job on the both of you
:LOL: It was just me that made the recipe the first time, then again last night. Last night, was a variation.

Thank you for the compliments! :)

do the stores where u shop have brick chili? we do here in ca. that is what i use for base in my chili. i cook small pink beans (also sold here) in crockpot with onions then add two loaves of brick chili, a pound of ground beef.broken up and cooked in skillet. then i start with seasoning. lots and i mean lots chili pwd. crushed red peppers. black pepper . i like just a touch of cilantro ? in mine. generally serve with corn bread, and to add on top, chopped green onions, grated cheese, chopped ripe olives, and anything else i can think of for add-ons. as well as cornbread, assorted crackers if guests prefer.

this has just envolved over the years. my family love it. the chili is more of a smoky taste that that of tomato based.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom