What goes with Chili?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good answers! I guess if you don't like your chili sin frijoles o carne with tomatoes or onions you can call it red hot chili peppers! :) Maybe chili con nada...

See how much Spanish comes back to you if you just start pondering on it...enough to make a joke.:LOL:

That is what friends do. Chat! Do we have a Chatty Cathy here?

I have no idea whst the original entry was about. It is eleven pages back. :rolleyes:

A Nice Warm Corn Tortilla and A Full Bodied Red Wine

Good Evening,

Either a full bodied red wine and / or an ice cold Mexican Black Beer and nice warm corn tortillas ...

Haven´t had chili con carne in ages ... shall have to put this on list when I return for a Saturday.

Also, it is nice to see culinary terms in different languages; especially Spanish since uncountable people speak it and French, as there are numerous gastronomic terms we use and the words are French. Italian too, as the lanaguage sings !

M.C.

Last edited:
I like bannock or baking powder biscuits with chili. Unfortunately, I made chili last Saturday and it turned out awful. I should know better than to cook when I'm sick. I couldn't taste the spices, etc. I have always cooked chili by taste...oops.

Saltines. Rice, in the chili. Fritos. Macaroni, cooked in with the chili. Nachos - my preferred recipe being to broil them with cheddar or "mexican" cheese and bacon bits, and top with jalapenos.

Can you tell I'm not a chili purist?

Last edited:
I like my chili over rice, and topped with sour cream, sliced spring onions, grated cheddar and (when I can get ripe ones) cubed Avocado.

OR, piled into a baked potato and topped with just grated cheese.

That said, Pac mentioned about having it with pasta (egg noodles) the other day and that sounds like it might work rather well.

(I'm no purist either!)

I always put elbow macaroni in my chili, but I also like chili over rice. I use canned Rotel Tomatoes and light red kidney beans.

I am thinking of trying a white chili....using some chicken breast and using white beans instead of kidney beans. I don't know what else I could put in it.

I always put elbow macaroni in my chili, but I also like chili over rice. I use canned Rotel Tomatoes and light red kidney beans.

I am thinking of trying a white chili....using some chicken breast and using white beans instead of kidney beans. I don't know what else I could put in it.

I've often wondered about that. Are you going to use a specific recipe? I'll be interested to see how you get on with it.

DA and I like to spoon it onto saltine crackers and eat this as if with potato chips and a dip. It is very nice! And we like to have cut cucumbers, croutons, and tomatoes in the Ranch dressing with it. Or one could have a regular salad with it also.

With love,
~Cat

I use a tomatillo salsa as a flavor base, lime and a little chili powder in my white bean and chicken chili.

I've often wondered about that. Are you going to use a specific recipe? I'll be interested to see how you get on with it.

I will probably search online for a recipe that I think my husband will eat. PF suggested some tomatillo salsa. I don't know if that is hot. If it is, it will be a no no. He does not do hot!

To keep it a white chili try adding cumin instead of red chili powders and throw in some canned diced green chilis. Oh, and use a chicken or turkey broth base.

Back
Top Bottom