Any Prosciutto Lovers Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's good with pear, too. Or at least it is in a salad. One of the "fancy" salads that are OK with Himself is when I use a butter lettuce blend with roasted pear, torn prosciutto, walnuts, and a vinaigrette dressing. Grapes are good, too, on that salad. And a bit of goat cheese, but not on Himself's salad. I bet it could be turned into a dinner salad, too, if you add some grilled chicken.

Ooo, making myself hungry. Going to prep supper now...

While I am a huge fan of prosciutto, I have just discovered "coppa". It's similar, but softer. When I put it on a sandwich, I don't need to hold on tight to avoid pulling an entire slice out of the sandwich with the first bite. The one we have been eating is from a local pork farm.

While I am a huge fan of prosciutto, I have just discovered "coppa". It's similar, but softer. When I put it on a sandwich, I don't need to hold on tight to avoid pulling an entire slice out of the sandwich with the first bite. The one we have been eating is from a local pork farm.

Yes, different but also delicious.

Everything sounds so delicious.

Something different I found once in searching for sandwich ideas is a turkey club panini that calls for prosciutto, but crispy prosciutto. I was skeptical, but gave it a shot. It's actually quite tasty and lends wonderful flavor and crunch to the turkey club panini. You lay slices of prosciutto onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake the slices at 350 for about 15 minutes.

Again, I was skeptical. I was like "okay, this weird" at first, but I've done it that way a few more times since.

Right on !
Crisp it up - in the oven or stovetop fried - crumble it up a bit, and sprinkle it throughout as a tasty topping on pizza.

I also use it crumbled up as part of a number of meat variations in my cannelloni fillings - or for sprinkling on any pasta dishes along with grated parmesan or pecorino, among other uses.

Right on !
Crisp it up - in the oven or stovetop fried - crumble it up a bit, and sprinkle it throughout as a tasty topping on pizza.

I also use it crumbled up as part of a number of meat variations in my cannelloni fillings - or for sprinkling on any pasta dishes along with grated parmesan or pecorino, among other uses.

Those sound like great ideas :)

My husband loves prosciutto. I usually serve it with cheese and wine but I haven’t done a lot of cooking with it.
I’m looking to change that.

Saltimbocca is very good. Can be made with chicken or veal cutlets or thin sliced and pounded pork loin.

Back
Top Bottom