Ari's appy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Daughter was free today and came over to help me out..She brought this appy we had talked about on sunday..
soften about 4 Tab. butter, and then slice a half of a baguette into thin slices and toast one side. Mix the butter with 1/4 cup of chopped canned green chilies,a -2 cloves crushed garlic and spread it on the toasted bread...Mix about 1/4 lb. of shredded monterey jack with just enough mayo to hold it together and spread to the edge of the bread...Now broil til brown and puffy serve hot with a nice cool drink, we had a glass of white wine..This makes about 2 dozen.. and it's an oldie but we loved it...It's also wonderful with pancetta or bacon that's been crispy fried added...

kadesma

Yum!
I can serve something else with the cheese ball from last week! :)
Thanks!

Hi guys,
glad you all like the recipe..I enjoyed it..The best part I didn't have to make it, just eat it..:LOL: I'll have to say remember this more often......

kades

Another great appy from Kadesma! I used to make one (that I had long forgotten about) that was a bit similar, no chilies, but sliced onion. Thanks for the reminder!!!:)

Another great appy from Kadesma! I used to make one (that I had long forgotten about) that was a bit similar, no chilies, but sliced onion. Thanks for the reminder!!!:)
Onions,now that is right up my alley..Thank you..I'm giving this one a try on Sunday..
kades:)

this sounds very nice, thank you!
When we post recipes or give a tip, it always makes us feel good when someone lets us know that they like our ideas. So Thanks for letting me know;)
kades

I couldn't agree more! Sometimes when you post an idea or recipe and see it has been viewed 40 plus times and no on has has commented....you start to question your taste buds :-p

Back
Top Bottom