Avocado Bruschetta/Tomatoes too TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
cut and seed 3 tomatoes squeese out the seeds and jusice. I save some of the juice to brush on the bread. Now chop the tomato into small pieces. Now put the tomato into a med. sized bowl and add about 1 tab. diced red onion,3 tab. evoo, 1/2 an avocado diced, 2 tab. fresh lemon juice, salt and fresh cracked pepper. Toast 6-8 pieces of Italian bread I brush with some of the tomatoe juice I saved thne give the bread a sprinkle of garlic powder or fresh finely chopped garlic top with the avocado,tomato mixture you can double or triple this recipe I make triple batches for my gang. Brushcetta is a summer time favorite here in Ma'sville:LOL: enjoykadesma

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds so good! I wish I had some avocados! :yum:
It is Barb. Get better and will make James go get you an avocado and several tomtoes and you will be set. I love it for lunch or dinner ice tea for a cool drink yum:LOL:
kades

Last edited:
I can second the breakfast sandwich! A little tomato too.

Avacados have terrible and expensive the last few months. 2 bucks each and they are hard. I am headed to the Latin side of town this week. Our open air market has some competition so I bet I can do better.

For breakfast try some toast with some mashed avocado, bacon and a fried egg(top with a bit of cheese if you like)
Thank you, your idea sounds great and will be put together one morning when I'm free.
lades

I can second the breakfast sandwich! A little tomato too.

Avacados have terrible and expensive the last few months. 2 bucks each and they are hard. I am headed to the Latin side of town this week. Our open air market has some competition so I bet I can do better.
2.00 that is a lot. I get the small one for.79 and the large are 1.49. I refuse to pay more than 99 cents each. So I get some great buy's this way. Yes to the tomato idea. I adore tomatoes.
kades

James and I will definitely be trying this soon! Avocados are pretty expensive here too, but I can often find them on sale for 99 cents. One store was charging $2.00 each, and as much as I love avocados I couldn't bring myself to pay that much. I have to really check the avocados out too. Sometimes they get one kind that gets big black spots and sometimes get stringy inside. Lately though, I have been finding some beautiful avocados!

Back
Top Bottom