Bacon wrapped shrimp with...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes I like the bacon kind of crispy and other times I like it with a little "flex" to it. I guess it depends on the occasion and what I am using it for or eating it with. :)

Crispy bacon does have its uses... like crumbled on top of a salad ;)

mmmmm Shrimp and bacon together. That sounds too good for words. I'm going to have to try this!

Yes it is very good! Also, make sure you get a bacon with a flavor that you like or just use regular bacon. Turkey bacon even works well with the shrimp.

I personally like the thick sliced maple bacon which creates a savory sweet flavor which compliments the glaze I make very well. :yum:

I don't have a recipe per se. Everything I cook is sight and taste based until I get it right and then it remains a mental recipe haha :). This is actually pretty simple.

Extra Large Shrimp - Smaller shrimp will cook too fast.

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees

I add dill, it creates a wonderful taste as it's baked in to the shrimp & bacon.

Wrap the bacon around the shrimp - I use the thicker sliced bacon.

The secret to keeping the shrimp juicy and cooked perfectly -dip them in water with a small amount of olive oil right before you wrap them in bacon.

The bacon actually cooks and gets done at the same time that the shrimp do.

They are so tender and juicy when they are done.

As for the wine white wine honey glaze:

I take pure honey and put it in a regular wine glass (you can mix it in anything). I add a sweet white wine (your choice) and mix them well by hand. You want the consistency to be almost like a syrup.

Once they are almost done, brush it on and it will form a nice glaze in about 2 minutes.

***if you are not serving them right away - cover with aluminum foil to keep the steam in, which will keep them nice and juicy.

I hope this doesn't sound too confusing. I will eventually make a pictorial or video of this process. I will be sure to let you all know when I do.

They actually go so fast that if I don't take mine before I put them out I will NOT get any.

IMO the large shrimp is the key, so everything cooks evenly. The honey & wine sound like a winner to me.

Here's another example... using scallops, & broiled.

Bacon-Wrapped Scallops | Grandma's Kitchen

Last edited:
I have done the same with scallops, chicken and lamb. Bacon wrapped lamb is something I have not made in a while and now that I am typing this, I have a taste for it!

Just a side note. Grilled lamb wrapped in bacon is a definite winner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom