Bananas and Bacon TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Blanch 8 or 10 bacon slices each cut in half in boiling water for 10 min. Then drain and dry well. Cut 5 bananas into 1-1/2 in. chunks and wrap in bacon secure with a toothpick. Combine 1/2 cup of brown sugar with 1 tab. of curry powder and sprinkle on the wrapped bananas. Bake about 10 min. at 350 til bacon is crisp and sugar carmamelized.
Enjoy
kades

A friend does bananas and chorizo. She fries the chorizo then cut into about 3/4 inch slices and skewers them with sliced banana. i am ging to make your version soon, Kades. It sounds great.

Blanch 8 or 10 bacon slices each cut in half in boiling water for 10 min. Then drain and dry well. Cut 5 bananas into 1-1/2 in. chunks and wrap in bacon secure with a toothpick. Combine 1/2 cup of brown sugar with 1 tab. of curry powder and sprinkle on the wrapped bananas. Bake about 10 min. at 350 til bacon is crisp and sugar carmamelized.
Enjoy
kades

Now this sounds just unique enough for me to try. Just trying to vicariously swish those ingredients around in my brain beforehand.
Banana & Bacon? hmmmmmmm......
no offense Kadesma, why is the thought of those 2 ingredients making me laugh? But if you think it's good then it must be.
hmmmmm..... ;)

Now this sounds just unique enough for me to try. Just trying to vicariously swish those ingredients around in my brain beforehand.
Banana & Bacon? hmmmmmmm......
no offense Kadesma, why is the thought of those 2 ingredients making me laugh? But if you think it's good then it must be.
hmmmmm..... ;)
No offense taken Chef. I can see how it might seem odd but make one take a nice bite then tell me if you are still ready to laugh:LOL:
kades

Chorizo is spanish unless I am wrong.

There are many variations of chorizo. I believe most of what is made in the Americas is usually fresh, while Spanish and Portuguese versions tend to be dried.

I'll bet this would work well with ripe plantains.

Last edited:
There are many variations of chorizo. I believe most of what is made in the Americas is usually fresh, while Spanish and Portuguese versions tend to be dried.

I'll bet this would work well with ripe plantains.
I've never used plantains. Have you? I imagaine they would be great.
kades

I've never used plantains. Have you? I imagaine they would be great.
kades

We use plantains quite a bit. I was thinking the ripe, sweet ones that we use for maduros would be great in your recipe.

Chorizo is spanish unless I am wrong.

There are two kinds of chorizo, the Spanish variety, which is much like a salami, but with different seasonings. It is a cured sausage that can be used with rice, tortillas, added to soups, served up on crackers, or toast points, is great with cheese, etc.

Mexican Chorizo is a highly spiced meat mixture that is loosely packed into a sausage casing. Typically, the sausage filling is squeezed out of the casing and used as a seasoning for egg dishes, or put together with diced potatoes for hash-browns with chorizo, or added to chili, etc. It's a mixture of spices, ground pork, vinegar, and other things, and is wonderful. Caution, the stuff you find in the local grocery stores may have animal parts that are questionable. So read the label.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Enjoy
kades
Oooh Kadesma,that sounds so mouthwatering, I'm going to have to try it.

I love bacon & its esp nice dipped half into melted chocolate and let it set.

Yep,definately Chorizo is not Italian;)

Oooh Kadesma,that sounds so mouthwatering, I'm going to have to try it.

I love bacon & its esp nice dipped half into melted chocolate and let it set.

Yep,definately Chorizo is not Italian;)
No chorizo is not Italian :LOL:
please do try them I love bacon as well. Hope you like them as we do.
kades

Back
Top Bottom