Best appetizer to make from baguette?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I noticed a lot of you mentioning making either bruschetta or crostini.

Probably a dumb question, but what's the difference between the two? Is it just what ingredients you put on top, or how you prepare it?

Here's one I do that most everyone can't stop eating:
Swiss Crab Bites
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. curry powder
2 green onions, chopped
1 5 oz tin crabmeat
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
Thinly sliced baguette.....Put mound of mixture on baguette.Bake in 425F oven for 10-12 min.....ENJOY!!!

chave982 said:
Okay, I noticed a lot of you mentioning making either bruschetta or crostini.

Probably a dumb question, but what's the difference between the two? Is it just what ingredients you put on top, or how you prepare it?

I've only had one year of college Italian, a few years ago, but I'll try to help.

Technically, "crostini" means "little toasts" in Italian. You toast very thinly sliced bread, then top it after it comes out of the oven.

Bruschetta comes from the Italian "bruscare" which has something to do with grilling... and I believe you top the thicker bread slices BEFORE putting them in the oven... or grilling them.

So, I would treat "crostini" as thin, toasted breads that are topped after baking off and bruschetta as thicker breads that are topped and cooked all-together in the oven or over a grill.

boufa06 said:
Here are some pics of Roti John.

it`s non of those (although they all looks Lovely).
it`s Closer to: Google ÁðïôåëÝóìáôá Eéêüíùí ãéá http://www.hickoryfarms.com/hf_assets/images/shop/product/p1062b.jpg
or the hot pocket Subs here: Google ÁðïôåëÝóìáôá Eéêüíùí ãéá http://www.qffintl.com/pdf/april_2006/images/qf04_nam3_4c.jpg

Honestly, as much I`de Like to claim credit for this idea as a new recipe, I have seen it before but I just can`t remember where or further details about it. I Could be wrong but I Think it MAY have been a Russian recipe?

Back
Top Bottom