Blue Cheese Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, the place reminded me too much of Shenanigans in the movie Waiting ... I didn't want my new burger to come back with new and interesting ingredients :ohmy: If it were something more than a $2 burger, I might have ... but it didn't seem worth the risk.
oh i see. in that case i would have just sent it back and got a mickeyD burger later or a can of soup. :LOL: i would not have paid for it. i am stubborn that way. i waited tables and believe a customer should get the best. thats just me. not so much because of the cost BUT to register my dissatisfaction.

Blue Cheese Dip

Danish blue cheese - 1/2 lb. - softened
Cream cheese - 8 oz. - softened
Sour cream - 16 oz. - room temp
Bacon (to taste) - fried, drained, and chopped small

Add all ingredients to processor and pulse till well mixed. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Serve as dip or as salad dressing.

How close to no fat can y'all come while still maintaining taste? Give it some thought and let me know. I'm a droolin' for some and the Doc says NO! Not with the fat.
hmmmmmmmmmmm how about that neuf (sp?) cream cheese which is low fat, low fat sour cream, i don't think there is a no or low fat blue cheese (but i have never looked for one). and maybe (yikes!!) bacos for the bacon? what about looking into vegan substitutes for these ingredients. vegans don't eat much dairy and the veggie "copycat" ingredients should be lower in fat. i am not sure of this but it's worth a try when you get a craving. i don't think that is much help to you but i gave it a try. let me know if you succeed. the flavor won't be quite the same. you can't even have a treat once in awhile?

Back
Top Bottom