Blue Cheese Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Blue Cheese Dip

Danish blue cheese - 1/2 lb. - softened
Cream cheese - 8 oz. - softened
Sour cream - 16 oz. - room temp
Bacon (to taste) - fried, drained, and chopped small

Add all ingredients to processor and pulse till well mixed. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Serve as dip or as salad dressing.

img_815627_0_71751bbc8738e057fb54b7c99b4f8a78.gif
been there done that!! LOL or use lettuce leaves as a spoon (less guilt) :LOL:

it's the bacon that sends this recipe over the top!! after it's ground people can't guess what that unique flavor is. i don't always tell them
img_815629_0_012b10bea822bacb36fc52e62771b196.gif
:rolleyes:

Blue Cheese Dip

Danish blue cheese - 1/2 lb. - softened
Cream cheese - 8 oz. - softened
Sour cream - 16 oz. - room temp
Bacon (to taste) - fried, drained, and chopped small

Add all ingredients to processor and pulse till well mixed. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Serve as dip or as salad dressing.

For a really pretty veggie dip, I add to the above:
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/4 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup chopped green onions

My wife makes an excellent blue cheese dressing using Roquefort blue cheese ... man, now I'm drooling. I'm not sure what all goes into it, but it's killer. Roquefort is not easy to come by, at least it's not in your everyday grocery; most of the time we have to order it.

I wouldn't put the dressing on anything other than a salad though, I had a Blue Burger at a Beef O Brady's once and I asked if they had Blue Cheese to put on, and the waitress said they did. It came out with blue cheese salad dressing dripping off of it ... it was disgusting. I like the flavor of the blue cheese on a burger, but not all the rest of the dressing recipe :)

celery sticks for a spoon sounds great, love blue cheese on a burger.

i sometimes cut down the sour cream, add more cream cheese to make it thicker. then "stuff" the celery ribs and serve them on the appy tray.

My wife makes an excellent blue cheese dressing using Roquefort blue cheese ... man, now I'm drooling. I'm not sure what all goes into it, but it's killer. Roquefort is not easy to come by, at least it's not in your everyday grocery; most of the time we have to order it.

I wouldn't put the dressing on anything other than a salad though, I had a Blue Burger at a Beef O Brady's once and I asked if they had Blue Cheese to put on, and the waitress said they did. It came out with blue cheese salad dressing dripping off of it ... it was disgusting. I like the flavor of the blue cheese on a burger, but not all the rest of the dressing recipe :)
Roquefort, Gorgonzola and Stilton are very strong blue cheeses. i use the Danish or Maytag (i love maytag because it is so mild you can eat it like a table cheese, when i can find it) blue because i like my blue cheese a bit milder. the blue burgers i have ever had were made with the blue cheese in the middle of the burger (like a stuffing of sorts). i can't imagine what that restaurant was thinking drenching your burger in the dressing. i have asked for blue dressing on the side when i have ordered a spicey steak and have dipped in it.

Roquefort, Gorgonzola and Stilton are very strong blue cheeses. i use the Danish or Maytag (i love maytag because it is so mild you can eat it like a table cheese, when i can find it) blue because i like my blue cheese a bit milder. the blue burgers i have ever had were made with the blue cheese in the middle of the burger (like a stuffing of sorts). i can't imagine what that restaurant was thinking drenching your burger in the dressing. i have asked for blue dressing on the side when i have ordered a spicey steak and have dipped in it.

It was certainly a first for me, having blue cheese dressing on a burger ... and if I have anything to say about it ... it will be the last too.

It was certainly a first for me, having blue cheese dressing on a burger ... and if I have anything to say about it ... it will be the last too.
i don't blame ya!! maybe if they gave you the dressing on the side you could have dipped in it. did you send the burger back? i would have and do send things back when they aren't right.

No, the place reminded me too much of Shenanigans in the movie Waiting ... I didn't want my new burger to come back with new and interesting ingredients :ohmy: If it were something more than a $2 burger, I might have ... but it didn't seem worth the risk.

Back
Top Bottom