Brie,pear pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boufa06 said:
Kad, I will risk it! Will make for two and if DH likes the taste so much the better. If not, it will be my gain!:) Thanks for sharing a nice recipe!
Your welcome boufa,
enjoy:)

kadesma

It sounds wonderful!

Recipes I love the most here at DC are things I would never have thought of...and this really is one of those!

lulu said:
It sounds wonderful!

Recipes I love the most here at DC are things I would never have thought of...and this really is one of those!
I know what you mean lulu. When my daughter walked in and said fire up the oven, I was a little skeptical..:LOL: But, this was one of those you have to try it things and I'm glad I did.

kadesma

kadesma said:
Elf,
I'm iffy with pears, like them but will go to other fruits first. Until I tasted this today..I love it. It's not super sweet and the mix of the pears and the brie is terrific with the arugula..Hope you get a chance to try it too.

cj

cj,

This sounds like it would make a good salad too - just use a simple red wine vinaigrette and toss everything together. My usual pear salad has blue cheese in it - but I love the idea of the brie instead. And arugula rocks as far as I'm concerned!!! You could even toss in some pizza crust croutons - I guess you'd call this salad a deconstructed pizza???? :ROFLMAO:

I bet if you don't have pears but have Granny Smith apples they would work too.

Kads, love it! Have to go buy some pears. Thank you for another winner! :chef: Love stuffed pears as well, ricotta & walnuts or cream cheese/chocolate chips & chocolate syrup w a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm Pears :)

Last edited:
mish said:
Kads, love it! Have to go buy some pears. Thank you for another winner! :chef: Love stuffed pears as well, ricotta & walnuts or cream cheese/chocolate chips & chocolate syrup w a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm Pears :)
Thanks Mish,
this is nice, it makes a great appy as well as a wonderful spring or summer lunch..Those stuffed pears with ricotta, walnuts and cream cheese, sound yummy.

kadesma:)

other variations to think about - had some l/o crab (now that's sacrireligeous, isn't it????) an sprinkled that on - yum. Also, minced serrano chilis are good sprinkled over.

One place I seem to get the best ideas for fruit + pizzas is looking up quesadilla recipes - great combinations there for pizza and so many include fruits.

kitchenelf said:
cj,

This sounds like it would make a good salad too - just use a simple red wine vinaigrette and toss everything together. My usual pear salad has blue cheese in it - but I love the idea of the brie instead. And arugula rocks as far as I'm concerned!!! You could even toss in some pizza crust croutons - I guess you'd call this salad a deconstructed pizza???? :ROFLMAO:

I bet if you don't have pears but have Granny Smith apples they would work too.
Boy, when I posted this, I'd never had it before so didn't even think about other things to do with it...Now, I've ore ideas to keep me busy through the summer:LOL: Yup, deconstructed pizza, good idea there elf;)

kadesma

cjs said:
other variations to think about - had some l/o crab (now that's sacrireligeous, isn't it????) an sprinkled that on - yum. Also, minced serrano chilis are good sprinkled over.

One place I seem to get the best ideas for fruit + pizzas is looking up quesadilla recipes - great combinations there for pizza and so many include fruits.
I like the idea of the serrano peppers cjs..I never even thought about quesadilla recipes..Hummm, will go hunting..Thanks;)
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom