"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres

Old 03-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by boufa06
Kad, I will risk it! Will make for two and if DH likes the taste so much the better. If not, it will be my gain! Thanks for sharing a nice recipe!
Your welcome boufa,
enjoy

kadesma

Old 03-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #22
Head Chef

It sounds wonderful!

Recipes I love the most here at DC are things I would never have thought of...and this really is one of those!

Old 03-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu
It sounds wonderful!

Recipes I love the most here at DC are things I would never have thought of...and this really is one of those!
I know what you mean lulu. When my daughter walked in and said fire up the oven, I was a little skeptical.. But, this was one of those you have to try it things and I'm glad I did.

kadesma
Old 03-05-2007, 12:18 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Elf,
I'm iffy with pears, like them but will go to other fruits first. Until I tasted this today..I love it. It's not super sweet and the mix of the pears and the brie is terrific with the arugula..Hope you get a chance to try it too.

cj
cj,

This sounds like it would make a good salad too - just use a simple red wine vinaigrette and toss everything together. My usual pear salad has blue cheese in it - but I love the idea of the brie instead. And arugula rocks as far as I'm concerned!!! You could even toss in some pizza crust croutons - I guess you'd call this salad a deconstructed pizza????

I bet if you don't have pears but have Granny Smith apples they would work too.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Kads, love it! Have to go buy some pears. Thank you for another winner! Love stuffed pears as well, ricotta & walnuts or cream cheese/chocolate chips & chocolate syrup w a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm Pears :-)
Old 03-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mish
Kads, love it! Have to go buy some pears. Thank you for another winner! Love stuffed pears as well, ricotta & walnuts or cream cheese/chocolate chips & chocolate syrup w a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm Pears :-)
Thanks Mish,
this is nice, it makes a great appy as well as a wonderful spring or summer lunch..Those stuffed pears with ricotta, walnuts and cream cheese, sound yummy.

kadesma
Old 03-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #27
Sous Chef

other variations to think about - had some l/o crab (now that's sacrireligeous, isn't it????) an sprinkled that on - yum. Also, minced serrano chilis are good sprinkled over.

One place I seem to get the best ideas for fruit + pizzas is looking up quesadilla recipes - great combinations there for pizza and so many include fruits.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
cj,

This sounds like it would make a good salad too - just use a simple red wine vinaigrette and toss everything together. My usual pear salad has blue cheese in it - but I love the idea of the brie instead. And arugula rocks as far as I'm concerned!!! You could even toss in some pizza crust croutons - I guess you'd call this salad a deconstructed pizza????

I bet if you don't have pears but have Granny Smith apples they would work too.
Boy, when I posted this, I'd never had it before so didn't even think about other things to do with it...Now, I've ore ideas to keep me busy through the summer Yup, deconstructed pizza, good idea there elf

kadesma
Old 03-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs
other variations to think about - had some l/o crab (now that's sacrireligeous, isn't it????) an sprinkled that on - yum. Also, minced serrano chilis are good sprinkled over.

One place I seem to get the best ideas for fruit + pizzas is looking up quesadilla recipes - great combinations there for pizza and so many include fruits.
I like the idea of the serrano peppers cjs..I never even thought about quesadilla recipes..Hummm, will go hunting..Thanks
kadesma

Tags
None