Brie,pear pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My oldest daughter just showed up with a pizza! This is so tasty and makes a great appy.
saute pear slices in butter til golden, put browned pears on a plate and add more butter to the pan, 1-2 pears, 4 Tab. butter, divide the butter preheat your oven to 500 brush your pizza dough with the butter, put on pizza pan and place strips of prosciutto on top, spread some arugula all over the top of the posciutto or use greens you prefer, Then put sliced brie on top of the greens, scatter the pears on top of the brie, place in oven and bake til cheese is fully melted...Let rest a few minutes before cutting, then enjoy, I'm going to go get another slice:LOL:
kadesma

pdswife said:
Oh my goodness... this sounds just delish!
Pds, thanks
I 've found I enjoy pears much better cooked than raw! This pizza is great. By golly, my girls are learning.. There is hope:LOL:

kadesma

pdswife said:
lol.. now if only my son would!
I know, boys :LOL: I got lucky with my two, both the boys can whip up great meals..Michael, makes a better cioppino than I do and Tony, does wonders on the grill..The girls would rather eat it than cook it..Go figure:LOL:

kadesma

StirBlue said:
What variety of pears did she use? We have about eight different kinds.
StirBlue,
my daughter doesn't know one pear from another, but the ones she used were just bosc...I would think though that those crispy asian pears would be wonderful in this pizza,,They are not real sweet, and have a crispness to them almost like an apple.

kadesma:)

Candocook said:
That really does sound good.
Thanks candocook,
We all really enjoyed it. Even the little guys ate some and finished their pieces..

AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to make this! cj - I love Asian pears - they would also be good. YUM cj - this one perked my ears up!

kitchenelf said:
AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to make this! cj - I love Asian pears - they would also be good. YUM cj - this one perked my ears up!
Elf,
I'm iffy with pears, like them but will go to other fruits first. Until I tasted this today..I love it. It's not super sweet and the mix of the pears and the brie is terrific with the arugula..Hope you get a chance to try it too.

cj

Gosh, that sounds really yummy!! However, I have to hide the pear slices pretty well so that DH does not see them as he hates fruit in dishes.:LOL:

WOW!!!I'm going to print this out-bat my eyes at Jimmy and say "Make this please!" ;) LOve and energy, Vicki

cjs said:
love this combination also - haven't done it forever so thanks for the reminder!!
Isn't it great cjs? I just loved it. Have you tried making it with other fruits? I want to make another one sometime soon, and would like to try other spring and summer fruits when they come into season.

VickiQ said:
WOW!!!I'm going to print this out-bat my eyes at Jimmy and say "Make this please!" ;) LOve and energy, Vicki
Vicki,
once he tastes it, you won't even have to bat your eyes:LOL: I hope he hustles to the store and makes one for the two of you..Even Cade, Carson and Ethan loved it and little Livi had several bites and smacked her lips:LOL:

kadesma

boufa06 said:
Gosh, that sounds really yummy!! However, I have to hide the pear slices pretty well so that DH does not see them as he hates fruit in dishes.:LOL:
Oh nuts boufa,
you're gonna have to make one just for you:LOL: No kidding, make a pizza dough recipe, use part of the dough and freeze the rest, and make a mini one for your lunch or your dessert..It doesn't have extra sugar just the sweetness of the pears, I'd have another one today if I had time to make some dough first.

kadesma

Kad, I will risk it! Will make for two and if DH likes the taste so much the better. If not, it will be my gain!:) Thanks for sharing a nice recipe!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom