"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres

Old 08-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Bruschetta one more time TNT

I'm sure we are have had our fill, but this is wonderful. Get 1 loaf of sesame bread, slice the long way into 2 large planks about 1 inch thick. Reserve the rest for another day.
Coat about 2 pints of cherry tomatoes with salt pepper and evoo. and roast in oven at 400 about 20 min. When you take out tomatoes switch oven to broil Char your bread on both sides then rub hot bread with some cut garlic. In a bowl lightly mash your tomatoes and mix in 6 thinly sliced whit and green green onion. and some basil about 1/2 cup shredded top your bread with the tomato mix and I top min with a little fresh grated parmesan. You should have 8 pieces total
kades

Old 08-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
Half Baked

I will never get tired of brushetta.
Bananas foster
Crepes Suzette
Bacon wrapped filets
Wilted Spinach salad with orange
Pesto
Truffle oil
Baked Alaska
AQnd all the other great food that was trendy.

It was good then!...........Most of it anyway!

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Master Chef

Kades; Bruschetta was bread dipped in first-pressed EVOO, roasted over an open fire, then rubbed with raw garlic. It was a method used to test the quality of the olive oil. Now it seems, people put a cooked veggie mixture in a jar and call it brushcetta. This drives me nuts. However, your recipe looks wonderfully tasty.

Though Bruschetta was originally the farmer's garlic bread, with buttered garlic bread being reserved for the more wealthy, it was turned around by the British, who brought home with them bruschetta. They started topping the toasted treat with all kinds of things. Buttered garlic bread became the food of the masses, while Bruschetta became the choice of the wealthy.

Me, I love to make the original style on the grill, over hot charcoal, with a bit of wood added to create a flavorful smoke. I usually eat it plain, but sometimes top it with veggie preparations similar to what you have presented here. If you haven't tried plain bruschetta, you have to give it a try. Just brush your spit loaf into two "planks", liberally brush with your favorite EVOO , toast, and rub with garlic. Serve with veggie mixtures on the side, for guests or family to add as they desire. Or serve with a great salad, or even (gasp) with pasta.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Most Sunday's you will see alll 4 kids with hunks of French bread sitting near the swings or pool eatong their bread, If you come closer you will see that they have the bread well oilder They taught us how to eat it. right off the grill with a nice fruity Evoo and not much else. They like the roasted viggis bit on their plates so they can pick them up with little fingers. Do we minc the greasy fingesa? No way
kades.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
Honey Badger

The dinner delema of the day is over. Bruchetta's it is. Thank you :)

It's expected to be 106 here today. Something light and easy to make sounds good right about now.

Munky.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
The dinner delema of the day is over. Bruchetta's it is. Thank you :)

It's expected to be 106 here today. Something light and easy to make sounds good right about now.

Munky.
Same here its already up there. It finallt feels like summer so we picked a big watermelon and some bread from the bakery tomatoes from the garden and we are set. I need to roast the tomatoes but I'll use the grill.
kades
Old 08-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
Head Chef

I hate to say it, but I prefer it with fresh tomatoes, not cooked in any way.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff G. View Post
We all have our favorite way with something like this. I love it both ways and won't say no to roasted tomatoes espically for a pasta sauce. Roasting give a full flavor taste to the tomatoes and I really enjoy it.
kadesma
Old 08-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #9
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff G. View Post
My fav. too! Oh, I love bruschetta. :D & I love tomatoes. It stinks that my hubby doesn't like tomatoes. So many meals I can't really make. Why did I marry a picky man? Hahahahaha.

Tags
None