Buffalo Chicken Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe

I have a slight variation on the recipe that Bucky posted. This recipe started out with canned chicken for the first ingredient. I changed it to fresh chicken. When I am in a hurry, I use the pre-cooked chicken strips with great success! I like using Blue Cheese dressing because I think it goes with Buffalo Wings so well!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 1/2 Pounds chicken breast, cooked & shredded
2 8-oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 Cup Blue cheese dressing
3/4 Cup Frank's Red Hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
celery, crackers, etc for dippers

Instructions: Heat chicken & hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.

Stir in cream cheese & dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended & warm. Mix in half of Cheddar & transfer mixture to slow cooker. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar over top. Cook on low until hot & bubbly. Serve with celery sticks or crackers.

buffalo chicken dip

I make this recipe using canned white meat chicken breast. Believe me it takes just as good and is much easier and quicker to make.

heya what does drained & mean. So i take it i boil the chicken for a certian amount of time then i cook it in the crock pot tell it can be shredded or i boil it till it can be shredded.

heya what does drained & mean. So i take it i boil the chicken for a certian amount of time then i cook it in the crock pot tell it can be shredded or i boil it till it can be shredded.

The &amp is an html glitch from a previous edition of this bulletin board - just read it as an ampersand (&) and you'll be fine.

lol, thanks jkath. it really is an awesome dip. would be great for super bowl parties. i think i'll have to make it again soon. here's te recipe, one mo time:

BONNIE'S BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, about 2 pounds, boiled, drained & shredded with 2 forks (crockpot is a great way to cook the chicken) Don't cut chicken into chunks..it needs to be shredded

1 - 12 ounce bottle Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce (try not to substitute here, Frank's really is the best. Crystal would be okay but do NOT use Tabasco)

2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese

1 - 16 ounce bottle Ranch dressing

1/2 cup chopped celery

8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 13x9x2 inch baking pan, combine shredded cooked chicken meat with entire bottle of Frank's sauce, spreading to form an even layer.

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine cream cheese and entire bottle of Ranch dressing, stirring til hot & smooth. Pour this evenly over chicken mixture.

Sprinkle with celery. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes; then sprinkle with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes or til bubbly. Serve with celery sticks for dippers and/or any sturdy dipping chip like Tostito Golds.

Hey! What's wrong with Tobasco!:mad: I love Tobasco. I use it for underarm deoderant. I dab a bit behind my ears. Why, I even use it for a sippin' sauce. Ya wanna make somp'n of it? Ya wanna piece of me!

Just kidding.:LOL: Bucky, I do have to say that this recipe looks great. But I have a question for you. Buffalo Chicken: is that a chicken that's been confounded, as in "He's was buffaloed by the question.". Or maybe its a buffalo-sized chicken, or even a chicken-sized buffalo. And are we talking American Bison or true buffalo here? Something to think about, don'tcha think?:wacko:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I have a slight variation on the recipe that Bucky posted. This recipe started out with canned chicken for the first ingredient. I changed it to fresh chicken. When I am in a hurry, I use the pre-cooked chicken strips with great success! I like using Blue Cheese dressing because I think it goes with Buffalo Wings so well!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 1/2 Pounds chicken breast, cooked & shredded
2 8-oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 Cup Blue cheese dressing
3/4 Cup Frank's Red Hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
celery, crackers, etc for dippers

Instructions: Heat chicken & hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.

Stir in cream cheese & dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended & warm. Mix in half of Cheddar & transfer mixture to slow cooker. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar over top. Cook on low until hot & bubbly. Serve with celery sticks or crackers.

printer still on fritz. could you e mail this to me??thanks so much

babe:mellow::mellow:

Bucky, I do have to say that this recipe looks great. But I have a question for you. Buffalo Chicken: is that a chicken that's been confounded, as in "He's was buffaloed by the question.". Or maybe its a buffalo-sized chicken, or even a chicken-sized buffalo. And are we talking American Bison or true buffalo here? Something to think about, don'tcha think?:wacko:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

gw, you may be an old buffalo, but you're no dip. :)

Hey BT, I meant to tell you I made this for a poker party and people were just about licking the plates it was so good. Its now in the regular rotation.

glad you liked it amid. but, again, i can't take credit for the recipe, just for stealing and posting it here.

with minor changes, of course, to avoid the copyright stuff.:cool:

lol, thanks rj. now we just need to find out what spices are in the packet. i'm guessing mostly black pepper and salt.

Ranch dip from scratch:
1 cup milk
1 cup mayo
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/5 tsp. fresh grind black pepper
pinch of basil
1/2 tsp. dried, granulated garlic
1/2 tsp. granulated onion powder

The amounts of each ingredient are suspect because they are approximations. But that will get you in the ballpark. You can use buttermilk in place of milk if you want, or add just a hint of either lemon or vinegar. The seasonings are correct. You just have to add them a little at a time, and let them sit. Taste, and add a bit more until it tastes right.:LOL: Sorry. That's the best I can give you as that's how I do it and it tastes great.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom