Chili Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Given to me by a friend I added several things to it. Hope you will try it and enjoy.
Get 2 large cans of chili (no beans) Heat the chili with 1-8oz pk of cream cheese, plus1 pkg. of shredded cheddar or American or 1 pack of PepperJack and after cheese is melted it can be left in a fondue pot to stay warm or poured over a bag of corn chips now add 1 bunch of sliced green onions, or a small can of mild diced green chiles or served with the chips used to dunk dunk dunk in the dip:LOL:
kades

If it's for everyday/ at home/ who's to know if it has Beans in it. I am not a purest and I am not from Tejas. :unsure: Even now as I read this, I am putting beans in my ears so I don't see the omit beans part. ;)

I am not a picky eater. :angel: However, I have not found a good can of chili I like and there is one kind in the freezer case I don't care so much for either. However, however, however, I like chili. So that's what I think I will stick with. Homemade.

Homemade chili seems to always make a big pot. Enough to experiment and I can make your dip and is different enough I don't have to keep eating chili until I get tired of it.

Actually. I made small recipe stuffed peppers last week. Enough for one meal and a little lunch the next day. Enough to give me a hankering for Spanish rice casserole. If I douible that, remove half before stirring in the rice, it's about the same as my chili, give or take. I can change up the spices if nec for the chili base. This is really good to go Kades. And, no beans afterall. :LOL:

Sounds very nice, thanks Kades :)
Welcome Kylie
kades
If it's for everyday/ at home/ who's to know if it has Beans in it. I am not a purest and I am not from Tejas. :unsure: Even now as I read this, I am putting beans in my ears so I don't see the omit beans part. ;)

I am not a picky eater. :angel: However, I have not found a good can of chili I like and there is one kind in the freezer case I don't care so much for either. However, however, however, I like chili. So that's what I think I will stick with. Homemade.

Homemade chili seems to always make a big pot. Enough to experiment and I can make your dip and is different enough I don't have to keep eating chili until I get tired of it.

Actually. I made small recipe stuffed peppers last week. Enough for one meal and a little lunch the next day. Enough to give me a hankering for Spanish rice casserole. If I douible that, remove half before stirring in the rice, it's about the same as my chili, give or take. I can change up the spices if nec for the chili base. This is really good to go Kades. And, no beans afterall. :LOL:
The only chili I really like is Hormel with or without beans
kades
One of my favorite dips, Ma!
Great PF.
ma

Back
Top Bottom