Cream cheese/Olive dip Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
this is my favorite dip recipe-

-1 lg. tub cream cheese
-sliced green olives (use as many or as few as you like)
-olive brine
-1 small to medium white onion, minced
--------------------------------
combine cream cheese, olives and onion. thin dip down with olive brine. serve with baked tortilla chips.

Nice one Luvs,

I make a similar one for those little andwiches for teas only I just use some garlic instead of the onion. Will try your idea next time. Thanks :)
kadesma

Since I don't like olives I'll have to make this for Savannah & my mom. I'll have to use black olives since Savannah dosen't like green ones though. Thanks for this!:)

I absolutely love both green olives AND black ones. Both are yummy for my tummy. TY for the recipe.

You know what else if fabulous is jalapeno jelly mixed with cream cheese and crackers and Harry & David make a fabulous sweet onion relish that is terrific with cream cheese and crackers.:pig:

This reminded me of a tea sandwich I make. Spread cream cheese onto thin white bread. Line green olives up on one side of the bread and roll (as a jelly roll) tightly. Chill until time to serve and cut into slices. They are beautiful (especially if the olives are pimento stuffed) and taste wonderful.

nice to see that you guys like this. my best friend and i used to make this almost nightly for gatherings and it would get devoured.:LOL:
licia, i like your sammich idea. might try that....

Martini dip

I was in Lake Geneva WI this weekend and had a "Martini Dip" which had blue cheese dressing, breeen olives and cream cheese mixed together and it was to DIE for!!!!!!! I need the receipe for this and I can't find it anywhere.

Has anyone ever heard of this receipe?

You know what else if fabulous is jalapeno jelly mixed with cream cheese and crackers and Harry & David make a fabulous sweet onion relish that is terrific with cream cheese and crackers.:pig:

I used to be able to buy this stuff called Cowboy Candy. It was sweet pickled jalapeños. A little cream cheese and a cracker and you were all set!!
Great stuff...

Now I prefer the Jalapeño raspberry preserves... wow, what a flavor.

Sounds freaky, but the olive sprad you describe is wonderful on date-nut bread. My mom used to get the kind that was in a can. Dunno why, but I seem to remember it being called "Boston brown bread"

Sounds weird, but you get a great salty/sweet thing going on.

Not weird at all, Cherry. Cream cheese is a popular spread on date-nut bread.

Brown bread is not date-nut bread, but it is delicious and is great with a cream cheese spread.

B&M makes two kinds in a can - with and without raisins. Excellent when sliced and toasted! Welcome to B&G Foods, Inc.

I love the idea of the cream cheese, olive, green onion thing, thinned with olive brine. The recipe name for that on the internet is "Dirty Martini Dip". Yum! I would go with party pumpernickle loaf for that.

Lee

Back
Top Bottom