Cream Cheese/Olive Spread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustMeToo

Head Chef
My neighbor has made this for me for the past 2 Christmas's and I finally asked for the recipe so I can have it more often. If you like green olives, you will like this spread.

1 Pkg. of Cream Cheese (room temp.)
1/2 cup Parmasan (sp?) cheese
2/3 cups of green olives
1 Tablespoon horseradish

Form into a log and wrap it in clear wrap and refrigerate overnite. Unwrap and roll in very thin slices of dried beef. Serve with different types of crackers/triscuits.

Enjoy. :chef:

That looks GOOD!

A good friend, now gone, made one with braunsweiger, cream cheese and sliced green olives. You might like that one, too.

Ah, great! Copied and saved for the next round of appetizers, JustMe!

Looks simple and delicious - thanks!

Lee

My neighbor has made this for me for the past 2 Christmas's and I finally asked for the recipe so I can have it more often. If you like green olives, you will like this spread.

1 Pkg. of Cream Cheese (room temp.)
1/2 cup Parmasan (sp?) cheese
2/3 cups of green olives
1 Tablespoon horseradish

Form into a log and wrap it in clear wrap and refrigerate overnite. Unwrap and roll in very thin slices of dried beef. Serve with different types of crackers/triscuits.

Enjoy. :chef:

I've made this spread using thin slices of deli ham instead of beef. I don't use the horseradish but that can only make it better. These little guys go in a hurry. No matter how many I make they're GONE!! I definitely will add the horseradish next time. Thanks for the tip.

That's sort of a "blast from the past" for me! One of my favorite lunchtime sandwiches as a kid was Cream Cheese & Sliced Green Olives on White Bread.

I make something similar with the cream cheese and chopped green olives. I smear it on a flour tortilla, roll it up, and then slice it into little "rounds". I've never added the horseradish but I will now! Thanks for this!

I like olive sandwiches - white bread spread with cream cheese - then olives lined up across one end - then rolled up and secured with a toothpick. Chill and slice. They are so pretty when sliced, especially if you use pimento stuffed olives.

These all sound good, LOL! Two quick questions: How big is the log you make (Diameter and length?), and how much dried beef or thin shaved ham would you wrap around it?
Thanks!

She told me to ask the deli for 1/4 lb of VERY thin dried beef. The log is approx. 7 or 8 inches long and 1 1/2 inches round. Please let me know if you make it and if you enjoyed it as much as we do.

Just a single layer of meat.

Looks like a good snack!

I've done a sort of layered dip with cream cheese and tapenade before, but never with the meat...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom