Creamy Brie Kisses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansasgirl

Senior Cook
Creamy Brie Kisses
Brie cheese, rind removed
Wonton wrappers
Hot pepper jelly or raspberry jelly

Preheat oven to 400F
1.Cut the brie into 1/2-in cubes. Place on a cookie sheet and put the cheese in the freezer for 30 minutes.
2.Lightly spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick spray. Fit one wonton skin into each cup, letting the edges stick out over the top.
3.Place a blob of jelly in each cup, then top with a cube of frozen cheese.
4.Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the wonton skins are golden. Serve warm.

**I have used many kinds of jams, jellies, and butters with these. I also think that spiced apple butter is a great combination with the creamy melted brie!

This sounds perfect for Christmas Dinner's appetizer! Thanks so very much!

PS - after putting the brie on the sheet for freezing, do you wrap or cover it?

You can lightly cover it with plastic, but it really is just in the freezer long enough to get a little firm so it does not gooze all over the place.

Ooo, Kansasgirl, these sound ABfab! This recipe has gone to live in my Appetizers folder.

You know what else would be good? Sprinkle 3-4 sliced almonds on top before you put them in the oven.

Cats

I have done brie and carmelized mushrooms (deglazed with white vermouth) inside puff pastry and, but the wontons would be easier and individual. A friend and I are having some entertaining some friends during teh holidays, will add this to our menu.

Oh, YUM, kansasgirl!

I don't have mini muffin tins - do you see any downside to using regular-sized muffin tins?

Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom