Cucumber stuffed with crab TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I love cucumber and I saw some that had a small part scooped of then filled. So I made fo,e and took them to my daughters for asnck yesterday. Use four cucumbers cut in sections bite sized is fine, lightly scoop some of the cucumber out, I finely chopped it with some green onion,I added salt and white pepper, a dash of Worchestershire,some mayo ,crab meat,fresh milt well chopped, 3 Tab. fresh lemon juice and Tabasco to taste. Put a little of the crab mix into the small hollow, sprinkle with paprika serve cold.
White wine or a sparkling wine is nice with this.
kadesma

That sounds delicious Kades!! I bet it would be good with baby shrimp too!!
You know, I was watching Jacques Pepin the other day...(my all time favorite tv cook) and he made a lovely quick appetizer..He took an unpeeled cucumber and sliced it length ways on a mandolin, then spread each long slice with a mixture of cream cheese, some spices and flaked crab meat, and rolled them up and dipped the tops in a little fine chopped parsley, and set them on end. Gosh they were purdy!!

That sounds delicious Kades!! I bet it would be good with baby shrimp too!!
You know, I was watching Jacques Pepin the other day...(my all time favorite tv cook) and he made a lovely quick appetizer..He took an unpeeled cucumber and sliced it length ways on a mandolin, then spread each long slice with a mixture of cream cheese, some spices and flaked crab meat, and rolled them up and dipped the tops in a little fine chopped parsley, and set them on end. Gosh they were purdy!!
Jacques,
I love his recipes.I'll have to give this a try. we love cucumber and they seem to fit in almost any where. They make light tasty canapes that even my grandkids love.
kades.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom