Cucumbers/cream cheese/pepper jam TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
If possible try to buy your cream cheese without gum. But if you can;t the reg cream cheese will have to do. You will need 6 oz. of old fashioned cream cheese. mix this with 4 Tab/ of half and half using a electric mixer not a f/p or a wooden spoon.beat til smooth. add 1 minced serrano pepper, 1 minced garlic clove,1 Tab. minced parsley,2 tea. minced cilantro,1,tea. minced basil,thyme put mixture in pastry bag ( if you don't have a pastry bag just use a small tea. and spoon it onto cucumber slices that have been dried well.now put on a dollop of pepper jelly and serve immediatly. This is wonderful on a hot suppers day with a cold drink like processco, ice tea. even lemon or lime aid. Add a salad and sandwich and your set.
kades

If possible try to buy your cream cheese without gum. But if you can;t the reg cream cheese will have to do. You will need 6 oz. of old fashioned cream cheese. mix this with 4 Tab/ of half and half using a electric mixer not a f/p or a wooden spoon.beat til smooth. add 1 minced serrano pepper, 1 minced garlic clove,1 Tab. minced parsley,2 tea. minced cilantro,1,tea. minced basil,thyme put mixture in pastry bag ( if you don't have a pastry bag just use a small tea. and spoon it onto cucumber slices that have been dried well.now put on a dollop of pepper jelly and serve immediatly. This is wonderful on a hot suppers day with a cold drink like processco, ice tea. even lemon or lime aid. Add a salad and sandwich and your set.
kades

Thank you, it sounds lovely, I can't wait to try it.
Why buy your cream cheese without gum? What does this do?

Thank you, it sounds lovely, I can't wait to try it.
Why buy your cream cheese without gum? What does this do?
It's just a cream cheese without gum and other additives. It's smoother and crumbly but spreads well and has a great flavor.
If you can't find it the reg. cream cheese is fine.
kades

Kadesma --

Here's one to go with your cuke sandwiches.

Cream Cheese, radishes and herbs Sandwiches
Boursin cheese spread or softened cream cheese
tarragon, parsley or lemon zest
Fresh radishes, washed and dried
Fresh chives, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepperSpread the bread with cheese, and cut each slice in half. Sprinkle with a few leaves of snipped tarragon or parsley or lemon zest.
Slice radishes ultra-thin. Lay a few slices of radish on each bread slice, and garnish with minced chives, salt and pepper.

Also-- Cream cheese and a very thin onion slice, left whole and top with a good sliced tomato.

I guess this calls for a garden party !!

PS -- My bad, I thought Ma was making sandwiches and I re-read and they are finger food. Well, they could be cucumber sandwiches...

Last edited:
It's just a cream cheese without gum and other additives. It's smoother and crumbly but spreads well and has a great flavor.
If you can't find it the reg. cream cheese is fine.
kades
Kades--I looked at the philly cream cheese Ingredients
Pasteurized Nonfat Milk and Milkfat, Cheese Culture, Salt, Stabilizers (Xanthan and/or Carob Bean and/or Guar Gums)

I then looked at the off brand I buy and it has the same ingredients.

I'll have to check ingredients next time I go shopping for it. Thank you!

Kadesma --

Here's one to go with your cuke sandwiches.

Cream Cheese, radishes and herbs Sandwiches
Boursin cheese spread or softened cream cheese
tarragon, parsley or lemon zest
Fresh radishes, washed and dried
Fresh chives, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepperSpread the bread with cheese, and cut each slice in half. Sprinkle with a few leaves of snipped tarragon or parsley or lemon zest.
Slice radishes ultra-thin. Lay a few slices of radish on each bread slice, and garnish with minced chives, salt and pepper.

Also-- Cream cheese and a very thin onion slice, left whole and top with a good sliced tomato.

I guess this calls for a garden party !!
It sure does. A garden party is perfect.Thanks for the ideas. I love it when a recipe I've posted brings in ideas and suggestions. Thanks again
kades

Kades--I looked at the philly cream cheese Ingredients
Pasteurized Nonfat Milk and Milkfat, Cheese Culture, Salt, Stabilizers (Xanthan and/or Carob Bean and/or Guar Gums)

I then looked at the off brand I buy and it has the same ingredients.

I'll have to check ingredients next time I go shopping for it. Thank you!
Most of the time I use the standard brand but I've found out my grocer will order just about anything I ask for so I plan to have them see if they can get me some provided it doesn't cost an arm and a leg:LOL:
kades

kadesma said:
kades

Sounds wonderful, Ma, C&P! Love pepper jelly. Can't wait to start my cuke seeds! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom