Dill Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Soften 1 pkg. 8oz. cream cheese 3-4 tsp. dill weed, 1/2 cup mayo, 2-3 tsp of minced green onions both white and green parts.2 tsp. of parsley fresh chopped. and 2-4 tsp. of fresh snipped chives. This is great with fresh veggies or your choice of crackers.
kades

Soften 1 pkg. 8oz. cream cheese 3-4 tsp. dill weed, 1/2 cup mayo, 2-3 tsp of minced green onions both white and green parts.2 tsp. of parsley fresh chopped. and 2-4 tsp. of fresh snipped chives. This is great with fresh veggies or your choice of crackers.
kades

Shame on you for posting this recipe :LOL::ROFLMAO:

.. OMG it sounds absolutely perfect !!

I will be making this tomorrow.

Does it get better if you let it set overnight?

I don't know, I don't think it will last that long...

If you want it to have less fat and lots of flavour, but no weird chemicals, make it with quark instead of cream cheese.

Sure just lock yourself in the bathroom :ROFLMAO:

My kind of dip, YUM!
glad to hear it kylie:LOL:
I don't know, I don't think it will last that long...
PF,my sister naw your ma
Hmm. We may have the same problem.
your ma same as PF:LOL:

If you want it to have less fat and lots of flavour, but no weird chemicals, make it with quark instead of cream cheese.
Where would I get a recipe or be able to buy quark?
kades
Wow, that is already not simply dill it is the whole bucket.
:ROFLMAO:
kades

Quark can be bought at many health food stores, but I make it. I've been told that it is often sold in German stores. I'll be happy to send you my recipe if you would like it.

Quark can be bought at many health food stores, but I make it. I've been told that it is often sold in German stores. I'll be happy to send you my recipe if you would like it.

I would like the recipe too, please.

Did a quick search here and found that I had already posted a recipe for making quark: http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...cream-cheese-or-quark-68302-2.html#post949875 and, of course, make sure everything is really clean, since you only want to grow the good micro-organisms.

If I let the quark drip long enough that it gets too dry, I add back some of the whey.

I once tried shaking the sour cream to mix it. The milk didn't clabber, same as the time I used a whisk. It doesn't seem to like violent agitation.

The short cut method is just to use straight cultured buttermilk, but buttermilk is stupidly expensive in Canada, so I don't do that.

BTW, if you do the culturing part, and skip the oven part, and use cream that is at least 30% butterfat, you get creme fraiche. :pig:

I feel like I should keep this thread going.

1c Sour Cream
1c Mayonnaise
3T Dill (dried, I've been told fresh actually doesn't work out as well and takes 10x as much)
2t Seasoned salt (or S&P or another salt based blend... do this to taste)
1T grated onion

Combine. Chill overnight for best results.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom