Do you enjoy any weird but simple snacks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once a month I buy a large bag of Utz or Wise 'tater chips. I will sit there and eat them with a cup of hot cocoa. Once my large cup is empty, I close up the bag of chips and put them on the computer desk. Along comes Spike and he sits there every night. I know he will make a big dent in what is left. What is left, I finish the next day with another cup of cocoa. Eases my conscience and keeps me from eating the whole bag. :wacko: After all, that milk is good for my bones. And the chocolate is good for my heart. :angel:

Smoked Kipper Snacks
Sardines of any flavor
Pickled Herring
Pickled Creamed Herring
Canned Corned Beef

Used to eat smoked oysters, but haven't pushed that one since the shrimp allergy alert. being cautious with any shell fish at this time.

WOW, I had no idea you could still buy Wise potato chips.

DeMoula's sells them. $2 a large bag. I love when I find one that is slightly burnt. Each chip is a different color with a flavor of it own. That is why I don't like Lay's. All the same shade! :angel:

I also like to take plain rice cakes and put peanut butter on them. Then pop in the MW and the peanut butter melts down into the rice cake when it get warm. Sometimes I will eat the rice cakes plain with a little sea salt on them. :angel:

Chef boyardee Cheese ravioli, cold, right out of the can.

"Pickle Salad" Sour, half sour pickles, and pickled green tomatoes all cut up then mixed all together with homemade sauerkraut.

tofu with soy sauce

Rehydrated yuba ( tofu skin)

hard pretzels with cheddar cheese ( take a bite out of one, then a bite out of another and chew )

peanut butter and jelly on matzoh left over from passover

bowl of pickled cabbage

I also like to take plain rice cakes and put peanut butter on them. Then pop in the MW and the peanut butter melts down into the rice cake when it get warm. Sometimes I will eat the rice cakes plain with a little sea salt on them. :angel:

I have a theory that rice cakes are actually made out of recycled foam packing 'peanuts'.

They are...

So now I can save a bunch of $$$$$ by saving packing material?
Thanks so much for the info. :LOL:

Snap, Crackle, and Pop will not be happy to hear this. ;)

I haven't seen anything weird here (Different Strokes for different folks) and some of these snacks I want to try. :yum:

TATTRAT, Peanut butter & bacon sammies are not weird they are just goodness that the masses haven't discovered yet. You just have to make sure the bacon is crispy enough. :chef:

My usual snacks are whirlypop popcorn with salt (Sometimes different spices added) or corn chips and "Hot !" salsa.

Are Triscuits and anchovies weird? If so then that's my weird one. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom