Do you enjoy any weird but simple snacks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GotGarlic's cucumber questions made me remember this snack.

Slice up some cucumbers. Into a bowl put a nice mound of mayo. Pour a little soy sauce over and give it a little stir, don't need to fully incorporate. Maybe add a little wasabi if you feel adventurous. You could also add some green onions or some grated ginger. Dip cucumber into mayo mix, eat, repeat....

GotGarlic's cucumber questions made me remember this snack.

Slice up some cucumbers. Into a bowl put a nice mound of mayo. Pour a little soy sauce over and give it a little stir, don't need to fully incorporate. Maybe add a little wasabi if you feel adventurous. You could also add some green onions or some grated ginger. Dip cucumber into mayo mix, eat, repeat....

That sounds really good! :yum:

We enjoy NASCAR and invited a couple we met in an RV Park this Spring, to watch the race with us. She brought a weird snack that I was quite fond of, Ritz crackers, spread with peanut butter, with a dab of horseradish on it.

I have been known to eat apples and Italian dressing.

Also like canned peaches with french dressing on them.

I have been known to eat apples and Italian dressing.

Also like canned peaches with french dressing on them.

Oh yes! A good French dressing goes REALLY well with a variety of fruit. I love pears and French dressing.

Shoot, I love any combination of salt/sweet, sweet/tart, hot/sweet, sweet/sour.

EXAMPLE: Tin roof sundae. Vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and salty Spanish peanuts! It is my absolutely favorite sundae.

Pretzel rods dipped in Nutella.
Sesame sticks dipped in Nutella.
Pretzel rods dipped in jalapeño mustard.
Triscuits dipped in jalapeño mustard.

Saltine crackers, peanut butter, bacon (already cooked, to be reheated), cheddar cheese, fresh strawberries. Piled up on the cracker, and then heated in the microwave until the cheese melts, add the strawberries. Bad-bad-bad, but it is only s/thing I can do during strawberry season.

I love to eat cold Boston Baked Beans on plain rice cakes. I always have a can of them in the fridge. Once I open the can, I keep it in the fridge with a spoon in it. Then every time I have to open the fridge, I take a spoonful.

I also love to put creamy peanut butter on rice cakes and then heat them up in the fridge. The PB melts down into the rice cakes. And warm PB tastes so much better than straight from the jar. :angel:

Crisp apple slices dipped in Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing.

It is also great in a Waldorf style salad made with apple chunks, a squirt of lemon juice, celery chunks, toasted walnuts and if you have it some crumbled crispy bacon all tossed with Marie's Chunky Blue.

Crisp apple slices dipped in Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing.

It is also great in a Waldorf style salad made with apple chunks, a squirt of lemon juice, celery chunks, toasted walnuts and if you have it some crumbled crispy bacon all tossed with Marie's Chunky Blue.
I love blue cheese dressing on French fries...(another MN thing--we used to order fries with bc dressing on the side and salad bar at Perkins because it had two things we could not live without--coleslaw and pickled herring). Back to apples--I like to take a Gala or Cortland apple, fresh from the local orchard, slice it and sprinkle it with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

I love blue cheese dressing on French fries...(another MN thing--we used to order fries with bc dressing on the side and salad bar at Perkins because it had two things we could not live without--coleslaw and pickled herring). Back to apples--I like to take a Gala or Cortland apple, fresh from the local orchard, slice it and sprinkle it with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Back to potatoes! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I always ask for blue cheese dressing on baked potatoes instead of sour cream. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom