Do you enjoy any weird but simple snacks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I lived in Texas, we would order French Fries served with a highly seasoned white sauce. To this day I will make them just for myself. Who needs ketchup! :angel:

I love dipping French fries in cheese sauce. Whenever I have pesto on hand, I'll spread it on sliced bread instead of mayo. Yum.

Today I made a fairly weird snack/combo. I have some baked beetroot leftover, and some apple that had been baked till it pureed. (I normally have the apple puree on oatcakes). So I chopped up the beetroot into the puree and mixed in some rocket leaves. A nice accompaniment to some pate and toast.

The only weird thing that I like to eat is the very hot mashed potato mixed with chopped herring. :yum:
:)My wife would give a whole list of weird stuff I eat but it is food that I grew up with and many other Russians/Ukrainians eat and love.

Today I made a fairly weird snack/combo. I have some baked beetroot leftover, and some apple that had been baked till it pureed. (I normally have the apple puree on oatcakes). So I chopped up the beetroot into the puree and mixed in some rocket leaves. A nice accompaniment to some pate and toast.

What's rocket?

Thanks.

You learn something new everyday.

I was trying to figure out how something that sends items into space was eatable.

How did it get the name attached to it?

Thanks.

You learn something new everyday.

I was trying to figure out how something that sends items into space was eatable.

How did it get the name attached to it?

According to Wikipedia, "The English common name, rocket, derives from the French roquette, a diminutive of the Latin word eruca, which designated an unspecified plant in the Brassicaceae family (probably a type of cabbage)."

Yes I find arugula/rocket is preferable to chopping up fireworks into a snack! :)

Yes I find arugula/rocket is preferable to chopping up fireworks into a snack! :)

Well diced fireworks is something I'd find as a weird snack. ;)

GG. English, French, Latin, derives from , a diminutive of ........
Way too much for this simple mind to worry about.

It's green and you eat it. I can live with that. :D

The only weird thing that I like to eat is the very hot mashed potato mixed with chopped herring. :yum:
:)My wife would give a whole list of weird stuff I eat but it is food that I grew up with and many other Russians/Ukrainians eat and love.
I would add cooked chopped beets and sour cream to that, CharlieD. Using diced, cold cooked potatoes instead of mashed. Nothing weird about that, perfectly normal, IMO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom