"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres
Old 06-07-2007, 10:08 AM   #11
It really is more than messy--it is sticky and basically can become caramelized to the pan. In my opinion, if you use a non-stick pan and don't clean it absolutely immediately, it will be hard not to hurt the pan surface. But there is nothing better than this stuff.

Charleysaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:16 AM   #12
Sous Chef
Originally Posted by deeppitbbq
Easy Sugared Bacon

1 lb. bacon slices
1 cup brown sugar

Rub or pat brown sugar into both sides of bacon slices. If you wish, you may cut each bacon slice into 3 pieces to make bite-sized pieces. Hint: I freeze the bacon after I buy it. After it is frozen, I take it out and cut it into bite-size pieces. Frozen bacon is alot easier to cut. Then I let it thaw out in the refrigerator and put the brown sugar on it. Arrange bacon slices in Teflon-coated jellyroll pan and bake at 325 for 25 to 30 minutes, or until crisp. Serve as an appetizer or as an accompaniment for brunch.
I remember this recipe from an old issue of Gourmet Magazine.... probably 10 years ago, at least. This was a big hit until we got old and moved to Germany.

I think in the orginal recipe I read, they suggested that you use your oven broiler pan so that the grease drips away from the bacon.

Life is too short to eat processed, artificially-colored, chemically-preserved, genetically-modified food. Or maybe that IS why life's too short.
velochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #13
Sous Chef
a little cayenne added to the mix is good also.

an old cook, still learning new tricks!
cjs is offline   Reply With Quote